Why aren't you getting Kid Icarus Uprising?

#1kirbycoolPosted 3/3/2012 1:10:36 PM
Just curious why some people seem to throw it aside when asked what games they are looking forward to.

I know people have different game tastes but I was just wondering what the main reasons are. And I want actual reasons, not "it looks like a lame game".

Go!
---
Sent from my iPhone via my iPhone. I have an iPhone.
#2townparkradioPosted 3/3/2012 1:11:01 PM
Because I hate stylus controls.
#3aaroncortPosted 3/3/2012 1:13:00 PM
It doesn't look very good to me in my opinion. I could be totally wrong and will definitely keep an eye out for impressions.

I loved the original and I'm kind of soured by how it no longer even begins to resemble the original. I don't know why they just didn't make it a new ip.

I fuss we'll see if I'm totally wrong soon enough.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.9
#4abbyhitterPosted 3/3/2012 1:14:14 PM
Because there's nothing else good coming out for the 3DS until KH: DDD.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#5Zero_ManiacPosted 3/3/2012 1:18:26 PM

These two. Not to mention that it also gives you a stand. A STAND. If you need a stand to play a HANDHELD game comfortably, that's just bad. Having to use a stand to play it well just defeats the purpose of handheld gaming, don't you think? KI: U will flop, and rightly so.
---
Not changing this sig until a Star Fox game is out for Wii U
If you're a Star Fox fan, and want a new game, put this in your sig.
#6Kitt ThrustPosted 3/3/2012 1:19:47 PM

Not to mention that it also gives you a stand. A STAND. If you need a stand to play a HANDHELD game comfortably, that's just bad. Having to use a stand to play it well just defeats the purpose of handheld gaming, don't you think? KI: U will flop, and rightly so.

you don't need the goddamn stand.
---
Go Go Big Underpants !
http://i.imgur.com/iAJrs.gif
#7SenorLovecraftPosted 3/3/2012 1:20:50 PM
Everything the posters before me have said.

The game looks like it is going to be the flop of 2012, it just looks BAD.

And it's terrible that they had to sully the Kid Icarus name with this filth instead of just making a new IP. Shows how little faith Nintendo has in it, thinking they need to attach a retro license to get people to buy it.
#8Megaman OmegaPosted 3/3/2012 1:21:09 PM
It looks like a lame game.

Just kidding, i'm getting it day one.
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#9Plasma EXEPosted 3/3/2012 1:22:21 PM
Zero_Maniac posted...

These two. Not to mention that it also gives you a stand. A STAND. If you need a stand to play a HANDHELD game comfortably, that's just bad. Having to use a stand to play it well just defeats the purpose of handheld gaming, don't you think? KI: U will flop, and rightly so.

No one said you have to use the stand, it's packed in with the game. What you do with it is up to you.

With that said, there's a lot of people who don't like stylus controls and turns them off, which is kind of a shame (unless you're left handed).
#10r_m_8_8Posted 3/3/2012 1:24:58 PM
It's probably going to be a good game, just not the kind of game that appeals to me.
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.