Why aren't you getting Kid Icarus Uprising?

#101CmaBoyPosted 3/3/2012 10:12:02 PM
I also really hate resistive touchscreens and games that treat me like a kid, with their stupid "Oh hey, we can play the game for you!" mentality, like some of the recent Nintendo games.

On an unrelated note, what's hilarious is that games that do that apparently need to, and people complain no matter how much or how little hand-holding there is.

An interesting example is Skyward Sword; people complain all the time about the tutorial and Fi constantly giving advice. Yet two of the things they don't explain very extensively -- controlling the Loftwing and skydiving -- are two of the things people have the most problems with because they do it wrong.

Incidentally, player errors like that (trying to ascend the Loftwing with huge exaggerated flaps instead of a single flick upwards for example) are what ends up tiring people out and making them blame the controls. It's starting to look like this game has that same problem; I wonder if it'll quiet down a bit after the game's out and people have played the tutorial. 'Course then they'll complain about the tutorial.
#102BlazeFaiaPosted 3/3/2012 10:16:43 PM(edited)
BlueInfinity posted...
SenorLovecraft posted...
Yep, I say things to that extreme, definitely.

Yes I know, it's why I made that example. I actually changed the words around from a previous post you made about Kid Icarus. You called it utter garbage and you wouldn't dare waste your money on such.

"Nah. Skype's just **** in general. Why should devs have to jump through hoops to accomodate Skype's lazy development team? They could at least meet them half-way. But they're just so poor at making products they can't even do that."

^ That's a quote from me about some voice to text program not working with Skype. WHILE ON SKYPE. >.>

We all have our moments of extremist opinions. I hate Skype so much but if I want to keep in touch with certain people I need to use it. It's not pretty but it's how I feel about said product.

Edit: Though I will admit I made that comment partially to be humorous. The people I talk to know I hate Skype so I like to get smartass about it. It's all cheeky fun. But I still mean what I say about it.
---
Companion Cube for Brawl!
http://a814.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/96/l_0d8f081fbbf0f638cd0b148062ca90f5.jpg
#103BlueInfinityPosted 3/3/2012 10:34:53 PM
Blaze_faia posted...
BlueInfinity posted...
SenorLovecraft posted...
Yep, I say things to that extreme, definitely.

Yes I know, it's why I made that example. I actually changed the words around from a previous post you made about Kid Icarus. You called it utter garbage and you wouldn't dare waste your money on such.

"Nah. Skype's just **** in general. Why should devs have to jump through hoops to accomodate Skype's lazy development team? They could at least meet them half-way. But they're just so poor at making products they can't even do that."

^ That's a quote from me about some voice to text program not working with Skype. WHILE ON SKYPE. >.>

We all have our moments of extremist opinions. I hate Skype so much but if I want to keep in touch with certain people I need to use it. It's not pretty but it's how I feel about said product.

Edit: Though I will admit I made that comment partially to be humorous. The people I talk to know I hate Skype so I like to get smartass about it. It's all cheeky fun. But I still mean what I say about it.

That's nice you're giving the benefit of the doubt, but he was the first response in the topic. Not only that, he's got a long track record of the lengths he goes to bash. He doesn't even own a Nintendo 3DS, and would always tell us how the Vita is factually better than the 3DS and MLB 2012 is better than Mario 3D Land.
---
This sig was brought to you by Marsford!
...And permitted by Foofyhead!
#104SenorLovecraftPosted 3/3/2012 10:36:04 PM
No, I don't need to add an IMO to the beginning of my post, because like I said: that would be stupid.

You overzealous fans just need to stop taking everything negative said about Nintendo right to your heart. It's okay if someone doesn't like a game that you like, it won't hurt you.

Am I upset that Dragon Quest Monsters isn't the most popular series in the world? Nope.

Just learn to ignore something you don't want to reply to, like I do.
#105BlueInfinityPosted 3/3/2012 10:39:04 PM
SenorLovecraft posted...
You overzealous fans just need to stop taking everything negative said about Nintendo right to your heart. It's okay if someone doesn't like a game that you like, it won't hurt you.

Tah- daaaahh... =/
---
This sig was brought to you by Marsford!
...And permitted by Foofyhead!
#106Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 3/3/2012 10:40:52 PM
I'm not getting it because it may look really fun to play but it looks very uncomfortable to play ( theres a reason they made a stand with it) but even with that it just looks like your hands will be cramped after a hour if that. Second reason is I'd rather get mario party 9 this month.
#107SenorLovecraftPosted 3/3/2012 11:55:38 PM

SenorLovecraft posted...

Tah- daaaahh... =/

What?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#108Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 3/3/2012 11:59:43 PM
^ The heck?... lol
#109PixieyPosted 3/4/2012 12:05:43 AM
I usually don't play this type of game, if there is a demo to try and I like it, I may buy it.