So how come only Excitebike is 3d?

#1HackfestreturnsPosted 3/3/2012 7:52:27 PM
I would actually consider getting some of the older games if they were 3d. For some reason, Nintendo seems to think they can re-re-re-release Super Mario Brothers. Are they planning on releasing Mario 1 as a 3d Classic too? Maybe then you can buy the one on the market now, and THEN get it in 3D too! I just don't get it . . .
---
Next thing you know, you've been pranked. This is Jon He Does It!
#2GhetsisPosted 3/3/2012 7:52:55 PM
Isn't Kirby in 3D too?
---
Rune Factory 3 is the greatest DS game ever made.
My Dragon Quest rankings: VII > IV > I > III > IX > II = V > VI > VIII
#3squatch22Posted 3/3/2012 7:53:16 PM
Theres more than just Excitebike as a 3D classic u know...
---
3DS FC: 3050 7559 8337
#4Hackfestreturns(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2012 7:56:18 PM
Oh yeah. Forgot about Kirby. And that's totally worthy to me! But come on, let's not avoid the issue by mentioning the other 3D classic.
---
#5Hackfestreturns(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2012 8:01:03 PM
I guess what I'm really trying to figure out is why not release them all in 3D instead of the same crap that's been offered for years. I would love Metroid or Mario in 3D, instead I get Urban Champion; the greatest game ever made. . .
---
#6NettoSaitoPosted 3/3/2012 8:13:52 PM
There's actually quite a few 3D classics, but Excitebike is really the only one that's ACTUALLY 3D. The other games throw in the 3D effect, while Excitebike's world expands as you turn that slider up. I mean just look at that sky! That was never there before! It's a really nice touch, but don't expect to see them kind of changes in most of the others.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#7lolman7712Posted 3/3/2012 9:18:41 PM

There's actually quite a few 3D classics, but Excitebike is really the only one that's ACTUALLY 3D. The other games throw in the 3D effect, while Excitebike's world expands as you turn that slider up. I mean just look at that sky! That was never there before! It's a really nice touch, but don't expect to see them kind of changes in most of the others.

This is mainly because, according to Nintendo, it takes a serious amount of work to make a 3D classic, as they have to remake the game from the ground up for the 3D. They don't just port it, and add 3D. Makes sense when you think about it, as while Excitebike fills the whole screen, others like Twinbee and Kirby's Adventure have a border.

I don't have a source on me at the moment, though.

Don't expect too many other 3D Classics like Excitebike for a while, like the quoted poster said.
#8Hackfestreturns(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2012 12:59:13 AM
Well, hopefully with Zelda they go that route.
---