Nintendo fans love remakes

#1Slyk90Posted 3/4/2012 12:08:24 AM
I think this is true and 100% agree with myself.

Can't you just admit it to yourself already? you LOVE remakes.
Here's hoping to Harvest Moon 64 3DS

There's nothing wrong with wanting remakes dudes !
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N
#2Baha05Posted 3/4/2012 12:09:13 AM
Gamers in general like remakes
#3GenoPosted 3/4/2012 12:12:52 AM
I love remakes. My only issue with remakes is when they don't expand on the content that's already there, like Zelda 3DS getting Master Quest and Star Fox 64 getting jack crap for expanded content.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#4yabPosted 3/4/2012 12:16:41 AM
I don't mind if I haven't played the originals.
---
#5AP3BrainPosted 3/4/2012 12:17:57 AM
Nintendo fans have the most nostalgia of them all so yeah they like remakes more.

Personally I hate most remakes that are basically like enhanced ports but full priced like OoT3D and Starfox3D. Then TotA is the worst because it isn't even enhanced...

I don't mind complete remakes like REmake though.
#6metroidman92Posted 3/4/2012 12:26:42 AM
There's a difference between remakes, ports, and HD updates.

Remakes imply a change to the engine, usually for the better. (I think Conker L&R does this for the most part, while also classifying as a HD update) (Also the remakes of Pokemon Red and Blue)

Ports are really just what the name suggests. Take a game from one generation of consoles, and release it on the current one, or a different company's console. (Twilight Princess ('Cube to Wii), Half Life series (PC to consoles))

HD updates can be a mix of the last 2. Halo Anniversary is more of an HD port (no new gameplay or engine changes) while Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green are HD remakes to the core. (Expanded pokedex, lore, streamlined inventory)
---
Time, Doctor Freeman? Is it really that... time again?
#7Iced_ShadowsPosted 3/4/2012 12:28:23 AM
Geno posted...
I love remakes. My only issue with remakes is when they don't expand on the content that's already there, like Zelda 3DS getting Master Quest and Star Fox 64 getting jack crap for expanded content.

Master Quest hardly counts as extra content. Not sure if you were trying to claim that it does or not, but yeah. OoT 3D really doesn't have any truly new content aside from the boss battles. Star Fox 64 3D at least completely overhauled the multiplayer. People just don't seem to give a crap because it lacks an online mode (a valid point indeed).

Anyway, remakes are nice indeed, but it has nothing to do with being a Nintendo fan or not. Also, fun fact, OoT 3D and Star Fox 64 3D aren't even remakes.
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#8ceedofevilPosted 3/4/2012 12:31:36 AM
*patiently awaits for Rare to release news on Conker's Bad Fur Day 3D*

Don't you judge me!
---
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
passid.ca/ceed Group: The Mosh Pit Feel the chugga!
#9Wiiplayer111Posted 3/4/2012 12:34:07 AM
People who don't like the same thing over and over would take a remake of Metal Gear over a new COD any day.
---
I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at your head.
A mod couldn't disprove my logic, so he removed the dispute button.
#10Bass_X0Posted 3/4/2012 12:34:11 AM
Nobody would want Ocarina of Time remade.

It'd be like being given Master Quest for the first time and Nintendo saying 'here's your OoT remake' without it including the original.

Fans would be angry.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth."