My 3DS wouldn't turn on any more, what are my options?

#1dustleafPosted 3/4/2012 12:55:57 AM
So I left the 3DS charging and in sleep mode before I left home. When I returned home the system is powered off, and I cannot turn the system back on again.

Things I have checked/tried out so far:
- Held the power on button for more than a few seconds

- Held both L and R button when trying to power on

- Played around with the wireless switch

- Disconnected the AC charger for a minute or so, then reconnected: the charging orange light lit up for 3 seconds or so;

- Took out the battery, left it on the side for a minute or so, then placed the battery back: cannot turn on still

- Check the charge status of the battery, it is charged

Have anyone experienced this kind of problem before? And is my only option sending it to a service center to get it repaired (I really want to avoid doing this as I don't want to loss the ambassador games and my streetpasses)

Oh, I had RE:Revelations in the cart slot if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance guys!
#2yabPosted 3/4/2012 12:59:27 AM
if they replace it they will move everything over so you should still be able to keep everything.
The concern about that was before all the ambassador games were released but since you have them already it's ok.
---
#3PokeMasterPosted 3/4/2012 1:02:08 AM
when you try charge the battery, does the light just go off after 3 seconds?
---
Japanese | Live in Australia/ Japan | JPN 3DS (Black)
Current: MH3G, TotA, Shinrei Camera, Beyond Labyrinth, MK7, Senran Kagura|Sorry, I don't accept FCs here
#4dustleaf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2012 1:04:17 AM
Yeah, the charge light just turn off in 3 seconds or so.
I am thinking it's a battery connection problem but I am not exactly an expert.

Ah, thanks for the heads up on the ambassador games part.
#5PokeMasterPosted 3/4/2012 1:08:53 AM
not too sure, but i'll see if i can find out anything. (helps me avoid my hw also)
---
Current: MH3G, TotA, Shinrei Camera, Beyond Labyrinth, MK7, Senran Kagura|Sorry, I don't accept FCs here
#6PokeMasterPosted 3/4/2012 1:13:27 AM(edited)
Try:

-Clear the charger/charging port of any dirt/dust (a simple blow/wipe should do)
-Try charge it with/without the cradle
-Try a different powerpoint
-Try a different charger (DSi charger or USB charger if you have one)

If still the same issue...then 99% sure it's an issue with the battery itself.

edit: by any chance was there a power surge at your house?
---
#7dustleaf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2012 1:15:48 AM
PokeMaster posted...
Try:

-Clear the charger/charging port of any dirt/dust (a simple blow/wipe should do)
-Try charge it with/without the cradle
-Try a different powerpoint
-Try a different charger (DSi charger or USB charger if you have one)

If still the same issue...then 99% sure it's an issue with the battery itself.

edit: by any chance was there a power surge at your house?

Tried the first three ideas to no avail, can't try the fourth since I don't have a different charger for the 3DS.

I am pretty sure there wasn't a power surge as my PC in sleep mode also, but can't be sure.

Anyways, thanks for the ideas, don't want to stop you from doing your hw.
#8PokeMasterPosted 3/4/2012 1:19:13 AM
yeah, i'm stumped. =/ sorry.
only other thing I can think of is to somehow drain the 3DS battery. (or do you have a friend with a 3DS where you can try out the battery in there?)
---
#9dustleaf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2012 1:22:39 AM
I do have a friend with a 3DS but he's away on a trip atm, and by the time he gets back my warranty will exceed the 12months period..

So I guess I am just sending it in to get it repaired, just wanted to check if anyone experienced the same thing before I send it in. Glad to know my ambassador games won't be erased at least.

Thanks for the help anyways :D
#10yabPosted 3/4/2012 1:24:33 AM
Maybe try buying a nyko power pack and see if it works, you can probably just return it if it doesn't work.
---