SD card (sandisk extreme pro, extreme, or ultra)?

#1T_TanggPosted 7/17/2012 4:40:41 PM
Does the brand matter for the 3DS?

Would the ultra brand work just as good as the other two versions?

Anyone test all three yet for the 3DS? Reviews?
#2nonexistingheroPosted 7/17/2012 4:54:05 PM
I'm not sure if the ultra would work. Ultra seems to be SDXC, while Extreme is SDHC. The 3DS supports SDHC up to 32 GB, but I'm not so sure abot SDXC. Also, the ultra has speeds up to 15 MB/s, while the Extreme can do up to 60 MB/s. The ultra does have advantages in certain situations, but I think the extreme is better for the 3DS. The extreme pro can do up to about 90 MB/s, so I suppose that's the fastest.

I doubt the 3DS can do speeds that fast though. So you'd still be fine with an extreme, but I suppose the extreme pro would be the best option (though most expensive).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#3nonexistingheroPosted 7/17/2012 4:57:32 PM
I also did some price checking and it seems that the Extreme 32 GB costs nearly half of what the Extreme Pro 32 GB card costs (at least, in the Netherlands).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#4Enigma149Posted 7/17/2012 4:58:26 PM
Ultra is SDHC if you get it in an SDHC-supported size (<= 32GB), and SDXC if you get it in any size larger. Because the 3DS only supports SDHC, you can only get one in 32GB.

Having said that, I disagree with the above poster. In my experiences, the Ultra is more reliable than the Extreme, and, as (s)he said, it's unlikely the 3DS could use the Extreme's faster speeds, anyhow.
---
''Well making more money than the PS3 isn't exactly hard. People do it every year at lemonade stands.'' - Starwars4J
PSN: CrimsonEnigma 3DS:4897-5935-1924
#5T_Tangg(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2012 6:07:19 PM
Ok, thanks a lot guys. I just bought the 32gb ultra class 10 on amazon. I figure the 3DS doesn't need the top end memory anyways.

Appreciate the input. Hope this helps others also.