Should I delete my eShop account before I sell my 3DS?

#1ozzzzyshPosted 7/18/2012 12:13:17 PM
I unlinked my Club Nintendo and I deleted my credit card info. I was planning on selling the 3DS and upping the price a little and bundle the games I've bought from the eShop with it since they are redownloadable. Is there any way they could get my credit card info from it still? The only thing I could find that could link back to me was in account activity I added $5 to it and it has the receipt of it. It has the last 4 digits of the credit card and says it was Visa. Should I just delete it and be safe?
#2BigReedPosted 7/18/2012 12:18:50 PM
I'd probably delete everything to be safe. Anytime I've ever sold a console, I had it wiped and set up so it was like they were receiving a brand new system.

Why are you selling it?
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#3ozzzzysh(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 12:32:14 PM
You can still format the 3DS and the sd card so it will do the setup and stuff just like a new console from the store. But you have to delete the eShop account associated with the console as well. If you format the 3DS but don't delete the eShop account, when you open up the eShop after the format you can go to Account Downloads or something and redownload all of the titles purchased on the device. So it would be like new but with some bonus content in the eShop you know? I'm just worried that someone may be able to do some digging and get my credit card info or my address or something. I was hoping someone could tell me if it's possible to do anything like that.
#4ozzzzysh(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 12:35:46 PM
Oh and I'm selling it for a Nexus 7 tablet :)
#5JadeFlamesPosted 7/18/2012 12:37:00 PM
ozzzzysh posted...
You can still format the 3DS and the sd card so it will do the setup and stuff just like a new console from the store. But you have to delete the eShop account associated with the console as well. If you format the 3DS but don't delete the eShop account, when you open up the eShop after the format you can go to Account Downloads or something and redownload all of the titles purchased on the device. So it would be like new but with some bonus content in the eShop you know? I'm just worried that someone may be able to do some digging and get my credit card info or my address or something. I was hoping someone could tell me if it's possible to do anything like that.

If you deleted the info,the worst they could get is the first 4 numbers,so no,your safe!
---
---Pwnsome siggy is pwnsome.
#6pikachupwnagePosted 7/18/2012 12:37:21 PM
ozzzzysh posted...

Why?
---
Ching ching! Gold flower yay! Coin coin coin coin coin coin coin coin-The NSMB2 effect.
Official Special ops beserker general of the NDF
#7ozzzzysh(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 12:40:32 PM
My 3DS just sits on my nightstand now.. I just feel bad for not playing it when I know someone else could enjoy it way more than I do. And I've been looking into a nice 7 inch tablet for a while and the Nexus 7 seems great and its price is a great deal.
#8crashbfan23Posted 7/18/2012 12:55:01 PM
ozzzzysh posted...
My 3DS just sits on my nightstand now.. I just feel bad for not playing it when I know someone else could enjoy it way more than I do. And I've been looking into a nice 7 inch tablet for a while and the Nexus 7 seems great and its price is a great deal.

Oh trust me I don't think 3DSes are very rare.
---
Masterpieces this gen: L.A. Noire, RDR, Uncharted 2
3DS FC : 1332-8186-0656 PSN: crashbfan23
#9moogle69Posted 7/18/2012 1:31:21 PM
ozzzzysh posted...

EH!! get yourself the samsung galaxy s 3 instead, much much more better and it has a large enough screen.
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#10ozzzzysh(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 2:59:49 PM
I am too obsessed with running the latest and greatest android at all times. And I can't afford to buy a Galaxy S III. Especially when a Nexus 7 has just about everything I would need for cheaper and I believe it is faster.