3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#11BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 11:12:29 AMmessage detail
UPDATE:

I've edited the OP 6-7 times now. I've included how to transfer to a new memory card as well now. Just about everything you need for transferring to a new 3ds is included.
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#12JonbazookabozPosted 7/26/2012 11:15:00 AMmessage detail
BEFORE u update u MUST make sure BOTH systems have the same firmware!!!
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#13BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 11:18:20 AMmessage detail
johnnybazookabo posted...

Can you confirm this? I couldn't find it on Nintendo's site.
---
#14BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 12:02:34 PMmessage detail
Bump.
---
#15bdb2mPosted 7/26/2012 12:15:24 PMmessage detail
BigReed posted...
johnnybazookabo posted...

Can you confirm this? I couldn't find it on Nintendo's site.

If they are connected to the internet to do the transfer wouldn't they have the same firmware anyway? Unless you are running CFW, I'm not sure it matters all that much, because it would auto prompt you to update to the latest firmware when it connected to the internet no matter what, right?
#16BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 12:16:44 PMmessage detail
I don't think I'm going to add that considering Nintendo made no mention of it. Hopefully this thing gets stickied pretty soon, the XL is coming out in Europe tomorrow, and is releasing the 19th of August in NA.
---
#17bdb2mPosted 7/26/2012 12:20:01 PMmessage detail(edited)
BigReed posted...
I don't think I'm going to add that considering Nintendo made no mention of it. Hopefully this thing gets stickied pretty soon, the XL is coming out in Europe tomorrow, and is releasing the 19th of August in NA.

I think that's the right call. Also, the OP looks much better. This needs a sticky for sure.

EDIT: And there it is. Nice.
#18BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 12:30:00 PMmessage detail
The topic was stickied! And thank goodness it happened before the 3ds XL launched in Europe and North America.

I'd like to thank bdb2m and AncientRomeBC for giving me some information for the OP. I'll leave the topic open so people can get help when they pick up their 3ds XL systems.

Thanks 3ds board!
---
#19SMASHKING84Posted 7/26/2012 1:37:22 PMmessage detail
is there any vdeos of ppl transfering games i kinda don't trust promises companies make any more without evidence (nintendo promised no redesign for "a long time and literally one month later boom,sony promised ps1 classics on vita twice and threre still not here,and those are just two examples i can think of)
---
The Official Jester of The NDF&Offical Jirachi Of B/W2 BoardJirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:0
#20BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 1:39:45 PMmessage detail
SMASHKING84 posted...
is there any vdeos of ppl transfering games i kinda don't trust promises companies make any more without evidence (nintendo promised no redesign for "a long time and literally one month later boom,sony promised ps1 classics on vita twice and threre still not here,and those are just two examples i can think of)

Try youtube. And its about 17 months between the 3ds and the XL (NA). I don't really see a problem with that. Buying the XL isn't mandatory or anything.
---