3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#111NintendoDudeGuyPosted 5/10/2013 1:03:58 PMmessage detail
Smelly_Goomba posted...
I've been trying to use my new 16 gig card to replace my old 2 gig.

Works fine then 10 seconds later "SD card has been removed" message pops up. Been trying to fix this for about two hours now.

Sometimes I'd be able to play a random Ambassador game, return to the Home menu causing it to save but it says save has been corrupted.

My old 2 gig still works great. Hopefully it never runs into any problems.

The card might be broken. Or the connectors might be dirty or something.
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."
#112mingyPosted 5/23/2013 11:30:51 AMmessage detail
Would it be possible to transfer games / data from a JP 3DS to a US 3DS?

Or do both system needs to be from the same region?

Thanks!
#113BilliePopKPosted 6/6/2013 10:07:16 PMmessage detail
I have a quick question... Do you get to keep your coins?
---
SOH-CAH-TOA.
#114BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 7:45:48 AMmessage detail
BilliePopK posted...
I have a quick question... Do you get to keep your coins?

Yes.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#115klim28Posted 6/17/2013 1:16:18 AMmessage detail
Help me thx. This maybe asked before tho.

I have a unit "A" with lots of full download games like RE:R, ACNL, SM3DL, HMANB etc. 11 total and some other 3DSwares and DSiwares and VCs. And now I bought an Animal Crossing XL bundle "B". And I have another 3DS "C". Done a system transfer from my B to C so that I can have my second copy of Animal Crossing intact. I thought when you transfer full games to another system, the whole game will be transferred. What happened was, the transfer was successful but I have to redownload the AC full game in the eShop. That was just ughz ~_~ Now I'm just waiting for the 7 days cooldown and going to transfer from A to B. Am I going to redownload every game I got from my A? RE:R alone is almost 4gb in size @_@ Plus another 10 full games, etc.

What if I back up my A SD card then after the transfer, I'll just use that on B. would what work? Man downloading them all would take me forever. And such a hassle.
---
US caloyzki 2466-1456-4166 Animal Crossing New Leaf / Monster Hunter Ultimate
JP caloykoy 4554-1003-6906 Monster Hunter 3G / New Super Mario Brothers 2
#116Gavin_RozeePosted 6/20/2013 9:06:37 AMmessage detail
I'm attempting a system transfer but it keeps failing during step 5/5. I believe the latest system update has caused the issue. Has anyone successfully done a transfer since the update?

More info in my topic:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/66501974
---
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: "Gavintendo".
3DS Friend Code: 3625 8479 9870.
#117BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 9:42:46 AMmessage detail
Gavin_Rozee posted...
I'm attempting a system transfer but it keeps failing during step 5/5. I believe the latest system update has caused the issue. Has anyone successfully done a transfer since the update?

More info in my topic:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/66501974

If it's still going on, I would hold off until they patch the update they just released.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#118UltimosPosted 6/20/2013 5:50:10 PMmessage detail
Alright guys

My 3DS small has lots of games, including ambassador. It has about 30 dollars in the eshop.

My 3DSXL has about 6 dollars in the eshop, as well as a digital Mario Kart 7 on it.

If I transfer to my XL, will my two eshop accounts just merge? Will Mario Kart, as well as other games I have downloaded for my 3DS small, just all appear in my downloaded section of the eshop of the 3DSXL? It sounds like this is the case but I want to be sure.

More importantly, will the two cash balances just add together? I can't seem to find this out anywhere.

Thanks!
#119ajcc28Posted 7/24/2013 12:39:39 AMmessage detail
Ok, I have two questions.

First, is it possible to transfer just one game from source to target unit?

Second, if I did a transfer from A to B, what will will happen is I can use the SD card from A on B right? And I can still use B's SD card on B, and nothing will get deleted right?

I just don't want to risk losing anything when I do the transfer. Thanks Guys.
---
I said good day sir!
#120BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 1:28:10 PMmessage detail
ajcc28 posted...
Ok, I have two questions.

First, is it possible to transfer just one game from source to target unit?

Second, if I did a transfer from A to B, what will will happen is I can use the SD card from A on B right? And I can still use B's SD card on B, and nothing will get deleted right?

I just don't want to risk losing anything when I do the transfer. Thanks Guys.

It's not possible to transfer just one game. During the transfer, you're basically taking your current system and installing it over to the new system. After the transfer, you take the original memory card you are using, and you put it into the target system that just received the transfer.

As long as you follow the steps, you won't lose anything. Good luck!
---