3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#131Megaman OmegaPosted 8/11/2013 1:40:06 AMmessage detail
BigReed posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
I have a question. It says there's a 5 transfer limit. What is it tied to? The system, or the data you're transferring... or what?

I'm assuming it's tied to the data that is being transferred.

Too bad. I'm OCD about this kind of thing so i wouldn't use up something that is permanently gone, lol.
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#132CharCol97Posted 8/11/2013 7:24:42 PMmessage detail
Once you transfer, is the data from system A deleted?
---
In a love-hate relationship with steam.
#133BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 12:30:20 AMmessage detail
CharCol97 posted...

Yes. Basically what you're doing with the system transfer is moving your 3ds onto a new system. I would prefer an account system, but at least Nintendo has something in place for those who purchased another 3ds.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#134NintendoDudeGuyPosted 8/15/2013 3:41:46 PMmessage detail
BigReed posted...
CharCol97 posted...

Yes. Basically what you're doing with the system transfer is moving your 3ds onto a new system. I would prefer an account system, but at least Nintendo has something in place for those who purchased another 3ds.

Yeah... but there's that 5 transfer limit... What were they thinking? "If someone actually goes through 5 3DS systems, let's make them buy all their games again in addition to their 6th 3DS!"
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."
#135MattimusKingPosted 8/16/2013 11:30:04 PMmessage detail
I have not really found much on my situation so any help would be appreciated.

I just "exchanged" my old 3ds xl blue for a black one yesterday. in doing so i thought i could just switch the sd cards out and all my old info would just show up on my new system. After doing the research "after the fact" i learned all about the system transfer steps to take to make your new system work with your old sd card. My problem is when i traded in for the new system i formatted my old system before leaving it with gamestop.

Realizing my mistake (killing all my mii's, friends list, and what ever other horrible crimes against nature) i called nintendo. They informed me that if i got back to my old system i could still do a system transfer to make my new system work with my old shop account (which i didn't delete) and also get my sd card working again. Luckily game stop still had my old system available and i performed the transfer. To my excitement i was now able to get back onto my shop account and re-download any games i had purchased. My problem is that i can not get my sd card to read properly. it has over 2 gigs on data on it but wants to keep making new folders for every application i open. The music app has been the only one ive noticed that will still use my old sound bites off the card. Everything else (2 gigs of whatever!) will not work.. saved files, etc... photo dojo will not even load back to my system from the sd card (i transferred it there before the system format) it shows on the sd card when in my computer but does not exist on my 3ds for some reason.

Anyone have any ideas as to why my 3ds is being so picky with the memory card..?? it should recognize the sd card fully now because of the system transfer..... could it be because my horrible mistake of formatting the system clean and then coming back later to do a system transfer on a freshly wiped 3ds. Its just weird the 3ds is reading some information on the card but acts like most other info does not exist... please help!!!!!
#136NintendoDudeGuyPosted 8/17/2013 1:49:34 PMmessage detail
Maybe it's the *random letters/numbers* folder thing I posted about? Look in the SD card, go into the 3DS folder (I think it's called "Nintendo 3DS"), see if there's more than one folder named *insert random characters here*. If so, it's only going to look in the latest one.

For the old stuff to work, remove the newer folder (if you got any games or whatever in the newer folder you probably need to download them again. As I said earlier, my attempt to transfer one game into another SD card didn't work for me, probably because it needs some other file. Maybe there's a file containing a list of what games are there, meaning you can't fuse two SD cards' game lists together without redownloading one's games on the other.)
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."
#137Brian1337Posted 8/25/2013 8:21:45 PMmessage detail
Good info.
---
www.club1kjho.com
#138hereforemnantPosted 10/4/2013 12:48:41 PMmessage detail
Thank you for the layout on how to transfer to another SD Card, someone on a Gaming board told me the steps I would need to take, but for some reason it really just wasn't going my way. I fiddled with taking the 2GB card out, then putting it into the computer, copying data, removing that card, then putting in the 32GB one, and kept getting no results. Apparently you have to copy it very definitively, cause even if you think you did it right one way, if there are duplicates of something by accident or something small got left out, all the data immediately doesn't show up.

Thanks again for the thread, now I can go download Rune Factory 4 knowing I have enough Blocks, over 200,000 in fact, as space for it haha.
---
Senator Armstrong for President 2016
3DS Friend Code: FC: 0318-7199-1150
#139BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 2:50:16 PMmessage detail
hereforemnant posted...
Thank you for the layout on how to transfer to another SD Card, someone on a Gaming board told me the steps I would need to take, but for some reason it really just wasn't going my way. I fiddled with taking the 2GB card out, then putting it into the computer, copying data, removing that card, then putting in the 32GB one, and kept getting no results. Apparently you have to copy it very definitively, cause even if you think you did it right one way, if there are duplicates of something by accident or something small got left out, all the data immediately doesn't show up.

Thanks again for the thread, now I can go download Rune Factory 4 knowing I have enough Blocks, over 200,000 in fact, as space for it haha.

Good to hear. Enjoy your game.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#140NewportBox100sPosted 10/5/2013 7:09:39 AMmessage detail
Wooooow . I can't do my transfer to my new Pokemon 3DS XL because there is no wifi in this house . -_-

Gotta wait a few months til I get home
---
http://twitter.com/ChaseBurr http://instagram.com/gucciplatinum
http://youtube.com/user/OmegaWeaponFFVIII