3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#151BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 3:07:41 PMmessage detail
Calebtine posted...
Got the new Zelda themed XL and downloaded the new game to it BEFORE I transferred my old 3ds data. Will my XL retain the Zelda download if I transfer now?

It'll still keep it, but you'll have to redownload the game, and you'll also lose your saved data.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#152CalebtinePosted 11/24/2013 5:38:51 PMmessage detail
So, it will let me re-download it without the code?
---
3DS 4725 7959 9184, XBL WerewolfWario
www.youtube.com/EmperorCalebtine
#153Smooth_OnePosted 11/25/2013 6:12:06 PMmessage detail
Calebtine posted...
So, it will let me re-download it without the code?

Yep, once you've downloaded it once it's tied to your eshop account, and you can re-download stuff from there as many times as you need to.

I have a question now.
So, I got the new Zelda 3DS, and like a dolt I started playing the new Zelda on it before I did the transfer (I didn't imagine it would be half this difficult to get everything moved over). I know how to do the system transfer, but from what I've read this won't let me keep my save data. Is there a way this can be done?

Thanks!
---
Tifa is like Cloud's sister...with benefits.
Whether good or evil, we could all benefit from following [Ganondorf's] example and work ethic. ~ NavEtrnl
#154BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2013 7:01:31 PMmessage detail
You'll lose your saved data.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#155AnimeCatgrlMeowPosted 12/4/2013 9:27:18 AMmessage detail
I got a new 3ds but I am too nervous to try to transfer. I keep on thinking I will mess up and lose all my data. Why did nintendo make this so hard. : (
---
---
The official Sonic of the Kingdom Hearts II board.
#156wcgoldPosted 12/5/2013 1:57:24 AMmessage detail(edited)
I could use some confirmation for my situation here.

I have to send my 3DS XL to Nintendo for a warranty-covered repair/replacement, but I really want to keep a backup of my data.

How would I go about doing this?

I am not directly transferring data from one 3DS XL to another, I am sending my 3DS away for repair/replacement, and hoping to put back my stuff in, good as new.

I understand that if they fix my 3DS XL and send back the same one, this is not a problem.

But sometimes, rather than fixing it, they might send me a completely new one (this has happened to me before; I don't know if Nintendo was lazy or just lost my package, but they have given me new consoles & handhelds outright).

How would I even prepare for this? Bear in mind that I have some rather important data (Pokemon X save, several eShop games, etc.).

How would I, in theory, retain my 3DS XL data, send the hardware back, and continue using the same data on a different 3DS XL (in case they send me a new one)?

Is it really as easy as popping out the SD card and putting it into another 3DS? I always imagined there would be some kind of security tied to it.

As you can see, I'm not one for taking chances here.
#157BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 5:42:24 AMmessage detail
wcgold posted...
I could use some confirmation for my situation here.

I have to send my 3DS XL to Nintendo for a warranty-covered repair/replacement, but I really want to keep a backup of my data.

How would I go about doing this?

I am not directly transferring data from one 3DS XL to another, I am sending my 3DS away for repair/replacement, and hoping to put back my stuff in, good as new.

I understand that if they fix my 3DS XL and send back the same one, this is not a problem.

But sometimes, rather than fixing it, they might send me a completely new one (this has happened to me before; I don't know if Nintendo was lazy or just lost my package, but they have given me new consoles & handhelds outright).

How would I even prepare for this? Bear in mind that I have some rather important data (Pokemon X save, several eShop games, etc.).

How would I, in theory, retain my 3DS XL data, send the hardware back, and continue using the same data on a different 3DS XL (in case they send me a new one)?

Is it really as easy as popping out the SD card and putting it into another 3DS? I always imagined there would be some kind of security tied to it.

As you can see, I'm not one for taking chances here.

For your situation, you need to make sure you're in direct communication with Nintendo. If you get a hold of them, explain your situation, and provide them with your club nintendo account, then they should be able to ensure you have all of your content on the new device.
---
#158Kenneth74Posted 12/5/2013 9:28:34 AMmessage detail
Ok, sorry for this but this is were im confused, so can someone please help me out here. I have a 3ds xl and im wanting to go the the Zelda 3ds xl. My first one has a 16gb card and I just bought a 32gb card. So im wanting to move all my saves, games, etc. to the new bigger card. Do I need to do a system transfer first and then move the data from one card to the other? or can I just move the data from the 16 to the 32 without doing a system transfer. Thank you in advance
---
BlackLabel Skates//// 360- HR21361 PSN- HR21361
#159Kenneth74Posted 12/5/2013 1:48:11 PMmessage detail
Ok here's the verdict. When transferring 3ds xl to 3ds xl you lose all your downloaded content, games and even there saves. I followed every step to the t and yes my profile etc transferee but none of my download games and there saves transfers. This is a bunch of bulls**t nintendo now I have to fu**ing start all over!!!!!!!! Absolute bulls**t!!!!!
---
BlackLabel Skates//// 360- HR21361 PSN- HR21361
#160BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 2:38:45 PMmessage detail(edited)
Kenneth74 posted...
Ok here's the verdict. When transferring 3ds xl to 3ds xl you lose all your downloaded content, games and even there saves. I followed every step to the t and yes my profile etc transferee but none of my download games and there saves transfers. This is a bunch of bulls**t nintendo now I have to fu**ing start all over!!!!!!!! Absolute bulls**t!!!!!

No, you did it wrong. If none of your downloaded content is on the new system, it's because you messed up the SD card portion.
---