3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

• Topic Closed
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)
2 years ago#161
i plan on getting 3dsXL(hopefully the Zelda one) but I will have to trade my old one in to help pay for it so will I be able to xfer everything to the new in store? or is that a no go because there is no internet connection?
2 years ago#162
15ATAC posted...
i plan on getting 3dsXL(hopefully the Zelda one) but I will have to trade my old one in to help pay for it so will I be able to xfer everything to the new in store? or is that a no go because there is no internet connection?

Depends on the store. Gamestop has actually been pretty understanding to the situation,and most times, will allow for the customer to perform the transfer in store. Call and ask whichever store you're considering.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
2 years ago#163
How's thats? all my other stuff transfered, profile,friends list,street tags. But my download games didn't? Why would those transfer and nothing else????
---
BlackLabel Skates//// 360- HR21361 PSN- HR21361
2 years ago#164
If I did this wrong then what should I have done differently??? When my transfer was done it showed none of my downloads, so from there I put the old ds card in the computer and copied the contents and put them on my desktop. From there I put in the new card that I did the system transfer to and dragged the contents over.
---
BlackLabel Skates//// 360- HR21361 PSN- HR21361
2 years ago#165
Once the transfer is done, you put the memory card directly from the old 3ds, into the new one. If your games show up, you did it right, and you're safe to do the card swap from that point. EVERYTHING saved on the system memory will show up, but downloaded games and dlc are saved to the SD card, which is tied to one 3ds system.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
2 years ago#166
If my target 3DS has some friends added that my source 3DS doesn't, what happens if I do the transfer? Will the target 3DS just get the source friend list, or will the 2 lists merge to account for the newer people added?

I assume the source 3DS loses all the friends after the transfer is done, unless the target and source friend lists swap or something?

The reason I ask is because I was apprehensive about doing the transfer from my 3DS to XL in case I didn't like the size of some games, but now that there's no limit I want to know if I'll have to be bothering my friends once or twice to re-add one of my systems.
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
Kenneth74 posted...
If I did this wrong then what should I have done differently??? When my transfer was done it showed none of my downloads, so from there I put the old ds card in the computer and copied the contents and put them on my desktop. From there I put in the new card that I did the system transfer to and dragged the contents over.

I've said this before a few times, but I'll just go ahead and say it once more.
[Edit:] I just had a thought. Maybe I should do this in case it'll help...

[Bold for attention.]
Your games are not showing up after a 3DS or SD card transfer?
Here's the possible problems:

First I'll just say the solutions, then I'll do the somewhat long explanations.

Transferring data to another SD card:
1. Copy the first SD card to your computer.
2. Delete everything on the new SD card with your computer. (Or more specifically, the folder with the 3DS data. I'm pretty sure "Nintendo 3DS" is the folder's name.)
3. Copy the old SD card's data to the new SD card.

If you are doing a 3DS to 3DS transfer and don't want/need to switch to another SD card, just put the original SD card in the new 3DS after the transfer.

Explanation:
The SD card contains a folder (which I think is named "Nintendo 3DS"). Inside that folder is another folder, whose name is random letters and numbers. Those folders are created when you turn on a 3DS with the SD card in it the first time.

Thus, if you copied the data from one SD card to another after already starting a 3DS with the second card, there are two "random letters/numbers" folders in it now. That newer folder is being looked in for games. Remove the newer random name folder. Or just delete the whole contents of the second card before copying the first over again. That should definitely work. Unless there happens to be some other unexpected problem. :P

And if there were downloaded games/apps on the second SD card (or on the second 3DS's eShop account) before the transfer, then you must re-download them because there's apparently some sort of SD card file that determines where games and apps show up on the 3DS's menu, so downloading them again is the only way to add them onto an already-existing list. Can't merge two lists.

I tested a new SD card to make sure it wasn't defective and ended up causing this to happen to me, and then I went into the SD card and found the problem. And when I tried to copy a game from a bigger card to a smaller one for a second save file, it didn't show up. *insert rant on why games should have more than one save file so you can keep a "complete" file and a file to play through the game again* By the way, said game (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity) inexplicably isn't usable with the save backup feature, yet doesn't prevent you from using another SD card as such. Pokemon X/Y and Animal Crossing prevent you from using another SD card as another save file. And prevent backing up data from corruption. Oh, brilliant, because someone possibly cheating against you is worse than possibly losing your entire save file. </massive sarcasm>
And I've gone off track somewhat.
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."
(edited 2 years ago)
2 years ago#168
My 2ds screen is cracke so is there any way to transfer data to a new ds from my cracked one?
---
3ds FC name: D-Money,
code: 1177-7780-2013 if u add me make sure u message me
If I try to transfer my Pokemon Y game from my old 3ds to the new one I bought, will the save data in the game be delete or not.
---
3DS FC: (Animefreak) 3136 6896 2022 Heart Gold(Koton)=2579 5336 7795 Platinum(Dawn)=4812 3082 5015
2 years ago#170
Animelover_gal posted...
If I try to transfer my Pokemon Y game from my old 3ds to the new one I bought, will the save data in the game be delete or not.

Read the sticky again, it's answered in the original post. You can't just transfer one title however, it's everything or nothing.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed