3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#171pumpkinhead104Posted 12/29/2013 2:42:02 PMmessage detail
For those of you trying to merge two used SD cards without losing all save data on one of the cards, please read on:

http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/1c7b3u/

http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/25247

I was able to transfer my save data for Pokemon Y the same way as mentioned in the above threads. I'm so happy!!! so many ppl say you can't but they're WRONG!

My situation was that I had two 2gb SD cards, one with my 50+hr Fire Emblem save, and the other with my 50+ hr Pokemon Y save. I got a brand new 3DS XL and bought a 32gb SD card for it.

First, I copied both 2GB cards to my PC to save as backups in case something was to go wrong.

Then, I transferred my 2GB Fire Emblem card to the new 32GB card using my PC.

Then I re-downloaded Pokemon Y to the new 32GB card, and then I downloaded the Pokemon Y update. I did not run Pokemon Y to create a new save file (however there was a .sav file created on the new 32gb card anyway).

Then I searched through my 2gb Pokemon Y card to find my Pokemon Y save. I used the advice mentioned in the above links to figure out which one it was (comparing file sizes and looking at last modified dates). I took the .sav from my old SD card, and swapped it with the .sav on the new card.

Then I tested out all my games, made sure their save files were working properly, then performed the system transfer to my new 3DS XL. And voila, everything works fine! I successfully merged my 2 SD cards! It was a bit of a hassle, but so worth It cause I didn't loose any saves (especially since I have been beyond lucky on pokemon by catching a shiny Meowstic in a premier ball AND by contracting pokerus).
#172N9jok3rPosted 1/3/2014 2:51:16 PMmessage detail
My name is max my friend code is 285285452227 please add me need more friends to do friend safari on pokemon Y
---
max
#173RonquPosted 1/6/2014 4:34:15 AMmessage detail
I currently am borrowing a system from someone else, but when I want to transfer the data from theirs to mine, will all the information and data be transferred to the second system, or can I save the information from the first system on both?
#174HugDaddyPosted 1/6/2014 1:59:12 PMmessage detail
I just did the system transfer to move everything from my OG 3DS to my new shiny Zelda 3DSXL. Thank you for this sticky! Here is what I encountered along with suggestions to improve the OP:

First off, steps 6 and 13 are not obsolete and should be removed (presuming the OP is being edited). Make certain that your source system's SD card has adequate room for any DSiWare content before you begin; I did not and had to make room.

BigReed posted...
How to Transfer Software From One Nintendo 3DS to Another Nintendo 3DS

7.Tap "Send from This System."

After this step, presuming that you have the most recent system update, it will discuss the NNID and ask you to sign in on the source system.

On the target system, if you have not yet agreed to the user agreement, it will prompt you to do so between steps 10 and 11.

There was a step between 17 and 18 (I'll call it "17a") that reviewed what was being overwritten on the target system (and a prompt for "Next").

Another intermediate step (which I will call "17b) reminded me that certain time-limited downloads on the target system would not be available (prompt for "Yes").

Once you tap "Transfer" in step 19, it will prompt you that "Nintendo DSiWare titles in the System Memory will be moved to the SD card" (with a prompt to "Do Not Move" or "Move"). The source system will then transfer the DSiWare date to the SD card prior to the System Transfer.

As a step "22a", the target system will ask you to put in the SD card from the source system to move any DSiWare date to the target system's system memory.
---
---------------------
My Colecovision is probably older than you...
#175Slayer7861Posted 1/6/2014 11:36:49 PMmessage detail
nice topic
#176Slayer7861Posted 1/6/2014 11:36:52 PMmessage detail
nice topic
#177PeteyParkerPosted 1/15/2014 8:25:13 PMmessage detail
Thanks BigReed. Your instructions worked like a charm. Got everything moved over and set up from my Ambassador 3DS on to my new Mario & Luigi 3DS XL
---
"How can.. the Prime minister.. support a law.. that makes it illegal for people.. who....What I'm trying to say is.. Oasis rules!"
#178kyogre123Posted 1/23/2014 12:18:46 PMmessage detail
QUESTION!

What happens with the Activity Log data?

Is it transferred to the target system?
Is the activity log data of the target system deleted or merged?
Is it not transferred? :(

I want to keep the evidence of my playing hours.
#179BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2014 1:28:56 PMmessage detail
kyogre123 posted...
QUESTION!

What happens with the Activity Log data?

Is it transferred to the target system?
Is the activity log data of the target system deleted or merged?
Is it not transferred? :(

I want to keep the evidence of my playing hours.

It transfers.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#180HugDaddyPosted 1/24/2014 8:25:32 AMmessage detail
HugDaddy posted...

First off, steps 6 and 13 are not obsolete and should be removed (presuming the OP is being edited).

That should have read "are obsolete" ...
---
---------------------
My Colecovision is probably older than you...