3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#181NintendoDudeGuyPosted 1/24/2014 4:34:09 PMmessage detail(edited)
Ronqu posted...
I currently am borrowing a system from someone else, but when I want to transfer the data from theirs to mine, will all the information and data be transferred to the second system, or can I save the information from the first system on both?

It's not copying. It does exactly what the word means, "transferring." (I'm not being insulting, I'm saying that because sometimes things aren't actually what they sound like.) Your friend/acquaintance might not want to lose their data. :P

(presuming the OP is being edited)

Unless there's been a GameFaqs update changing it, editing can only be done for an hour after the post.
*checks a random post of mine* I can't edit it.
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."
#182BahamutPrimePosted 2/1/2014 7:43:10 PMmessage detail
I recently purchased a 3DS XL and I am considering doing a system transfer, but I have a few questions before I do so.

1) I do not completely understand the part of the transfer progress that involves deleting the information on the memory card of the system that the data is being transferred to (Step 20). I just want to move over my current memory card to the new system. Which option should I be choosing, or should I switch the memory card in the 3DS XL to a larger card before doing a system transfer. I just donít want to lose any the data.

2) I downloaded Legend of Zelda Four Swords Anniversary Edition back when the game was available the first time. Is there any chance I could lose this game by doing a system transfer? I am just checking if I transfer the data when the game is not available.

3) Can multiple 3DS systems be connected to the same Club Nintendo Account?
#183BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 9:05:52 PMmessage detail
BahamutPrime posted...
I recently purchased a 3DS XL and I am considering doing a system transfer, but I have a few questions before I do so.

1) I do not completely understand the part of the transfer progress that involves deleting the information on the memory card of the system that the data is being transferred to (Step 20). I just want to move over my current memory card to the new system. Which option should I be choosing, or should I switch the memory card in the 3DS XL to a larger card before doing a system transfer. I just donít want to lose any the data.

2) I downloaded Legend of Zelda Four Swords Anniversary Edition back when the game was available the first time. Is there any chance I could lose this game by doing a system transfer? I am just checking if I transfer the data when the game is not available.

3) Can multiple 3DS systems be connected to the same Club Nintendo Account?

If you're going from system to system, meaning you purchased a new system, you must do the system transfer. Currently, it's required because of the lacking account based system. IF you are keeping the same 3ds system, but upgrading the SD card, then simply follow the SD card upgrade part of the sticky.

Everything transfers, and I'm not aware of anything major that doesn't move to the new system during the transfer. And as far as having multiple 3ds systems on a club Nintendo account, you can go here:

http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/95318

It looks like you can, but I don't see the purpose of doing so is.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#184NintendoDudeGuyPosted 2/2/2014 5:26:54 AMmessage detail
I have a really good question...

I heard that transferring to a system that has an NNID overwrites that NNID and thus removes that system's games instead of combining the systems' games together...

Is that true? And is it still possible to combine the systems' games if you, for example, bought a 3DS with a download game already on it and transfer to it?
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."
#185BahamutPrimePosted 2/2/2014 8:37:59 AMmessage detail
I was not clear enough in what I was asking. I want to do a system transfer, but it is just step 20 on the list that I have the problem with. Should I be selecting the delete or do not delete option at this part of the transfer. I am just making sure that I do not select the wrong option since I do not want to lose any of the save data. Does it matter which option I select if I just want to move the memory card from my old 3DS to the 3DS XL? As for the Zelda game, I was just seeing there are any problems when it comes to transferring this game, since it is not normally available on the eshop.
#186chadrixPosted 3/5/2014 6:29:45 PMmessage detail
Will the "Remember my password" option still be available when I use e-Shop on the target system or will I be prompted to enter my password when I access e-Shop on the target system after the transfer?

I am asking because my current 3ds automatically logs me in when I access e-Shop.
I cannot remember my NNID password and I think I have mistyped my email address as I am not receiving any password reset email when I request for one.

Any advise guys? I would not want to do a system transfer that would lock me out of e-Shop and all my credits and DL'd games.
#187-RavenPosted 3/7/2014 11:50:27 AMmessage detail
I am in desperate need of help!! I am having technical difficulties with my system(s)/game(s) and would appreciate if any of you tech-savy people could help resolve my issue.

In a nutshell: I am having issues transferring Pokemon from Gen IV (HeartGold/SoulSilver) to Gen V (White 2).

I already finished White 2 and found the Pokemon Transfer Lab. I started a new game on SoulSilver, obtained my Pokedex and received Pokeballs to catch my own Pokemon. I caught one so that I can have a total of two Pokemon, which should be all I need to transfer from SS to W2.

When I set everything up and insert the proper cartridges, it appears to load just fine, even after selecting DS Download from the DS menu. It recognizes my 2nd DS and allows it to download the transfer data which is needed to communicate between generations. After the load is complete, it then gives me a communication error and I am left with no other option but to restart my systems. In the error message it tells me that there was no compatible cartridge inserted, which there clearly was.

This is a major issue for me, being that it is a critical part of transferring Pokemon from past generations to the current Gen.

If anyone has encountered this issue before or has some insight as to what to do to get this working, please feel free to share your knowledge so I can overcome this unnecessary obstacle.

(BTW, I have 2 3DS XL's and 1 DS Lite -- all brand new)
---
Have a sense of humor!
3DS FC: 1134-8421-8045
#188lordWakeruPosted 3/25/2014 12:45:10 AMmessage detail
Ok, here's the thing, I have my current 3DS XL with many downloaded games on it, but today I got a seperate 3DS with the ambassador games enabled(obviously it has a different Nintendo Network ID than that of my current 3DS XL)

So I've been wondering if there's a chance that I may be able to transfer all of the data on the ambassador 3DS to my 3DS XL, without losing games or any other major software, or if there are any steps that I can follow so i can keep my current stuff and the ambassador games in only one 3DS.

If you're wondering , yes, iI have read most of the instructions in some forums and Nintendo's official help site, but some contradict what other sources say (like you can download/use a previously installed game/app after the system transfer because it is registered to the system and not to the transferred NNID without having to purchase it again) I have also read that some of the saved files might be lost.
Could anybody clarify this? Thanks!
---
Animal Crossing new leaf town: Hollow
FC: 5129-0169-7281
#189BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 5:58:44 PMmessage detail
lordWakeru posted...
Ok, here's the thing, I have my current 3DS XL with many downloaded games on it, but today I got a seperate 3DS with the ambassador games enabled(obviously it has a different Nintendo Network ID than that of my current 3DS XL)

So I've been wondering if there's a chance that I may be able to transfer all of the data on the ambassador 3DS to my 3DS XL, without losing games or any other major software, or if there are any steps that I can follow so i can keep my current stuff and the ambassador games in only one 3DS.

If you're wondering , yes, iI have read most of the instructions in some forums and Nintendo's official help site, but some contradict what other sources say (like you can download/use a previously installed game/app after the system transfer because it is registered to the system and not to the transferred NNID without having to purchase it again) I have also read that some of the saved files might be lost.
Could anybody clarify this? Thanks!

The eshop accounts should merge, allowing you to redownload the content. This is how it was around the time I did the sticky. With the NNID however, some parts have changed in minor ways. If you want to be safe, I would suggest emailing Nintendo support for a direct answer.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#190gambit66131Posted 4/3/2014 6:01:11 AMmessage detail
I need some help/advice selling my 3DS. I'm going to sell my 3DS but want to remove all games and eshop account from it but at some point in the future I may buy another 3DS so will want to download previous purchases. Can anyone please explain how I do this?