3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#191BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 6:01:41 PMmessage detail
gambit66131 posted...
I need some help/advice selling my 3DS. I'm going to sell my 3DS but want to remove all games and eshop account from it but at some point in the future I may buy another 3DS so will want to download previous purchases. Can anyone please explain how I do this?

Don't sell it.

There isn't an account system, so once you don't have the 3ds, you can't do the system transfer.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#192JimiJamPosted 4/5/2014 7:45:48 PMmessage detail
If I wanted to transfer my system, would I need to have a second SD card in the target system to successfully transfer all the data? Or could I just do the system transfer without a second SD card, and just use my original SD card with the target system after the transfer? Sorry if this question has been answered already or is obvious, I'm just really scared of losing anything.
#193SalogyPosted 4/10/2014 8:18:31 PMmessage detail
lordWakeru posted...
Ok, here's the thing, I have my current 3DS XL with many downloaded games on it, but today I got a seperate 3DS with the ambassador games enabled(obviously it has a different Nintendo Network ID than that of my current 3DS XL)

So I've been wondering if there's a chance that I may be able to transfer all of the data on the ambassador 3DS to my 3DS XL, without losing games or any other major software, or if there are any steps that I can follow so i can keep my current stuff and the ambassador games in only one 3DS.

If you're wondering , yes, iI have read most of the instructions in some forums and Nintendo's official help site, but some contradict what other sources say (like you can download/use a previously installed game/app after the system transfer because it is registered to the system and not to the transferred NNID without having to purchase it again) I have also read that some of the saved files might be lost.
Could anybody clarify this? Thanks!

If the ambassador system has a NNID already linked to it, return it. It is worthless. You cannot merge two NNIDs together.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#194soran66Posted 4/17/2014 2:32:23 AMmessage detail
i'm not sure i understand properly. i can only transfer data from 1 3ds to another? can't i just share it? like link both 3ds' to one account so they share the data [downloadable games, dlcs etc etc] ?
---
PSN: devil_prince11
FC: 0834-1758-8299
#195NintendoDudeGuyPosted 4/18/2014 8:36:37 AMmessage detail
soran66 posted...
i'm not sure i understand properly. i can only transfer data from 1 3ds to another? can't i just share it? like link both 3ds' to one account so they share the data [downloadable games, dlcs etc etc] ?

No.
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."
#1961ultimaPosted 4/21/2014 9:54:24 AMmessage detail
Is there a way to transfer my games over to a new 3DS without transferring the Friend Code of the old 3DS?
---
3DS FC: 1891 1152 0901
#197TwilightErikPosted 4/29/2014 6:09:03 PMmessage detail
Let's say I got a 2DS with Pokemon X Pre-Installed updated to the current firmware and no NNID and I had a 3DS with the same firmware with a NNID can I do a System Transfer and still keep Pokemon X Digital Version?
---
Erik
0216-0911-1775
#198BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2014 1:46:17 PMmessage detail
TwilightErik posted...
Let's say I got a 2DS with Pokemon X Pre-Installed updated to the current firmware and no NNID and I had a 3DS with the same firmware with a NNID can I do a System Transfer and still keep Pokemon X Digital Version?

Eshops are supposed to merge between the systems. I haven't studied up on the whole NNID thing though. I don't know if that trumps the eshop merger.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#199SketchiePosted 5/11/2014 1:22:13 PMmessage detail(edited)
This is probably a dumb question, but I just want to make sure.

Can you transfer system data (well, pretty much everything) from a 3DS to a 2DS (and vice versa) regardless if they're the XL versions or not?
---
Hey, now, don't hit me even though I'm now a ? Block starting from 11/14/2012...
#200BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2014 5:16:17 PMmessage detail
Sketchie posted...
This is probably a dumb question, but I just want to make sure.

Can you transfer system data (well, pretty much everything) from a 3DS to a 2DS (and vice versa) regardless if they're the XL versions or not?

Yep. The 2DS is a part of the 3DS family.
---