3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#21JonbazookabozPosted 7/26/2012 2:46:02 PMmessage detail
bdb2m posted...
BigReed posted...
johnnybazookabo posted...
BEFORE u update u MUST make sure BOTH systems have the same firmware!!!

Can you confirm this? I couldn't find it on Nintendo's site.

If they are connected to the internet to do the transfer wouldn't they have the same firmware anyway? Unless you are running CFW, I'm not sure it matters all that much, because it would auto prompt you to update to the latest firmware when it connected to the internet no matter what, right?

"Your Nintendo 3DS must have system software version 3.0.0-5E or later to perform a complete system transfer, including downloaded software, from one Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system to another." Nintendo.co.uk

Think its mainly for people who maybe dont have or use an internet connection and havent updated already. Anyway best just to have all the info.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#22SMASHKING84Posted 7/26/2012 2:49:50 PMmessage detail
im more upset they said it wasn't gonna happen i wouldn't be complaing at all if they hadn't.

and im mostly just concerned about ambassador games i mean there not on the eshop and as the dsiware games not on the eshop don't transfer i don't belive all 20 ambassador agmes will transfer maybe games like loz because there on the shop....
i saw one transfering video that was for europe which would be fine but i couldnt really tell what games they had transfered because the way they filmed it.
---
The Official Jester of The NDF&Offical Jirachi Of B/W2 BoardJirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:0
#23BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 2:52:12 PMmessage detail
SMASHKING84 posted...
im more upset they said it wasn't gonna happen i wouldn't be complaing at all if they hadn't.

and im mostly just concerned about ambassador games i mean there not on the eshop and as the dsiware games not on the eshop don't transfer i don't belive all 20 ambassador agmes will transfer maybe games like loz because there on the shop....
i saw one transfering video that was for europe which would be fine but i couldnt really tell what games they had transfered because the way they filmed it.

All games transfer, except the few dsiware titles that don't transfer for some reason.

Plenty of people have done the system transfer before. I think you're just a little too worried lol
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#24SMASHKING84Posted 7/26/2012 3:06:31 PMmessage detail
obviously if i did buy a 3dsxl and transfered my games but they didn't all transfer the games that didn't transfer would be lost forever.
Anyways i had heard that once you transfer a game you can only transfer it 4 more times(for a total of 5 times) is that true?

If it is i might just wait until the second redesign because my dsiware games had been transfered once before.(which means if i transfer them to 3dsxl that's 2 of the five) why am i doing this? because i know arround 2016 will see a succesor for 3ds and i want to save at least 1 or transfers for that.
---
The Official Jester of The NDF&Offical Jirachi Of B/W2 BoardJirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:0
#25xPhoenixWrightxPosted 7/29/2012 2:28:07 PMmessage detail
I don't have everything downloaded right now. Because of me switching to a larger SD card and having to redownload most of the stuff, but I was too lazy to do it all. Should I go ahead and finish downloading it all before doing the transfer or does it not matter?
---
Objection!
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=37615
#26BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2012 6:29:55 PMmessage detail
xPhoenixWrightx posted...
I don't have everything downloaded right now. Because of me switching to a larger SD card and having to redownload most of the stuff, but I was too lazy to do it all. Should I go ahead and finish downloading it all before doing the transfer or does it not matter?

Doesn't matter I don't think.
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#27ericbatchelderPosted 7/31/2012 1:07:16 AMmessage detail
I currently have the 3DS and will probably trade it in for the new 3DSXL. Is everything I have downloaded remembered in my account info, so I can just login to the Nintendo network and redownload it all to my new XL? I have a feeling I am not going to be able to transfer all my saved games to the new one because I will be trading it in, am I?
#28BlanketPIPosted 7/31/2012 3:49:34 AMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29bdb2mPosted 7/31/2012 6:56:02 AMmessage detail
ericbatchelder posted...
I currently have the 3DS and will probably trade it in for the new 3DSXL. Is everything I have downloaded remembered in my account info, so I can just login to the Nintendo network and redownload it all to my new XL? I have a feeling I am not going to be able to transfer all my saved games to the new one because I will be trading it in, am I?

Yes, a common misconception is that you can just trade SD cards and have all your data, but if you do not complete a system transfer, you will lose all of your e-shop purchases and saved games for those purchases. I believe most of the game cards save the data on the card itself, so you shouldn't lose any of those saves.

Before you trade your system in, you must complete the above if you want to keep your eshop games, street passes, etc.
#30HDCasePosted 7/31/2012 2:28:58 PMmessage detail(edited)
Just to confirm, the transfer takes care of everything right? Why would I want or need to copy from one memory card to another?

Thanks for the topic by the way. It's helping me get psychologically prepared for when I get my 3DS XL.
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal