3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#211xxguguxxPosted 6/13/2014 9:17:06 AMmessage detail
I'm gonna make a system transfer, and I know that are two options on certain point: keep or delete target sd card data. Both my system have games, that will be merged. My source will update the target e-shop, but what should I do, delete or not target SD, or there is no difference? Remember I want keep all the games on the target. Appreciate the help. Thanks.
#212BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2014 10:17:40 AMmessage detail
You'll have to redownload the games once the eshops merge. You can delete the stuff off of the target memory I believe, since you won't 've using that memory card anyway.
---
Latest Review: Monster Monpiece (Vita)
http://www.darkstation.com/reviews/monster-monpiece/
(https://www.facebook.com/bigreedgaming)
#213ashrobbPosted 6/13/2014 10:45:51 AMmessage detail
xxguguxx posted...
I'm gonna make a system transfer, and I know that are two options on certain point: keep or delete target sd card data. Both my system have games, that will be merged. My source will update the target e-shop, but what should I do, delete or not target SD, or there is no difference? Remember I want keep all the games on the target. Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Indifferent. When the transfer is done, you won't be able to use that data anyway (from the target SD card). The eShops and history will merge, but only the data of the original SD card can be used.

Summary, you can't merge the files of two different system SD cards in one when doing a transfer (games, save data, etc).
---
Home is where your chargers are~
#214TwilightRaverPosted 6/13/2014 2:01:41 PMmessage detail
All DLC will transfer over too, right? I've bought a lot of DLC for Fire Emblem: Awakening and I'm thinking of doing a system transfer but I want to make sure I'd be able to get all those maps and DLC back.
---
Searching for the dawn.
- 3DS FC: 0447 - 5910 - 1026.-
#215ashrobbPosted 6/13/2014 5:53:53 PMmessage detail
TwilightRaver posted...
All DLC will transfer over too, right? I've bought a lot of DLC for Fire Emblem: Awakening and I'm thinking of doing a system transfer but I want to make sure I'd be able to get all those maps and DLC back.

Those data are saved in the SD card? If so, it should transfer normally since all in the SD card passes to the target system.

And if they don't, you'll be able to redownload as the buying history is kept on the eShop.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
---
#216OmerMePosted 7/17/2014 10:02:20 AMmessage detail
I searched all over this thread and didn't find an answer to my two questions:
When it says 'Delete' or 'Do not delete' 3DS data on the SD card, does it mean format the SD card? So I should select Do not delete if I want to use the same SD card on the target system?
I plan on first moving the same 2GB SD card from the source system to the target system and maybe afterwards use a bigger one.

Second question is, I saw that the region of the system matters. Does this just mean NTSC/PAL or do both systems need to be same state? E.g if one is stated as California and the other as Delaware, will it work?

Also, do I need to put an SD card in the target system or just leave it empty?
Thanks.
---
MH3U: OmerMe, NNID: OmerMe
#217smokalot888Posted 7/30/2014 9:40:29 AMmessage detail
So if I lost my 3ds system but I kept my sd card. Is it possible to use my saves on a new system? I can't system transfer for I don't have my old 3ds but plan on getting a new one. I REALLY don't want to have to restart my pokemon game, I have over 200+ hours on it
#218ashrobbPosted 7/30/2014 11:53:55 AMmessage detail
smokalot888 posted...
So if I lost my 3ds system but I kept my sd card. Is it possible to use my saves on a new system? I can't system transfer for I don't have my old 3ds but plan on getting a new one. I REALLY don't want to have to restart my pokemon game, I have over 200+ hours on it

I think you lost everything. Without a System Transfer, the data in that SD card can't be used. Call Nintendo when you have your new 3DS in order to have the Nintendo ID back along with your purchase record and redownload everything again. The digital save data can't be used in your new console.
---
#219smokalot888Posted 7/30/2014 9:52:34 PMmessage detail
Well thanks anyways
#220jurfi1Posted 7/31/2014 9:40:34 PMmessage detail
If i purchased a 3ds xl with Mario and Luigi dream team pre installed and i transfer my games and data from my regular 3ds will i lose Mario and Luigi Dream Team on my 3ds xl that came with pre installed?
---
MH3U: Mamlok, FF XIV aRR Beta: Mamlok Godestroyer