3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#31BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2012 2:54:53 PMmessage detail
HDCase posted...
Just to confirm, the transfer takes care of everything right? Why would I want or need to copy from one memory card to another?

Thanks for the topic by the way. It's helping me get psychologically prepared for when I get my 3DS XL.

The transfer takes care of everything that is saved to the 3ds system. And I included the memory card info because plenty of people will be buying a new and bigger memory card. It's just good information to have.

And I plan on picking up a red 3ds xl along with Mario in august. Luckily it released after my wedding so I'll have about 8 days to enjoy it before the next semester starts.
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#32TinyTim123Posted 7/31/2012 7:19:14 PMmessage detail
Some people have reported issues transferring data from on SD card to another. In those cases, it is usually one file that causes everything to hang, and requires individually copying of files to the computer.
It is weird though. =\
But it works (even if it is a pain).
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#33HDCasePosted 8/1/2012 7:43:54 AMmessage detail
HDCase posted...
Just to confirm, the transfer takes care of everything right? Why would I want or need to copy from one memory card to another?

Thanks for the topic by the way. It's helping me get psychologically prepared for when I get my 3DS XL.

The transfer takes care of everything that is saved to the 3ds system. And I included the memory card info because plenty of people will be buying a new and bigger memory card. It's just good information to have.

And I plan on picking up a red 3ds xl along with Mario in august. Luckily it released after my wedding so I'll have about 8 days to enjoy it before the next semester starts.

OK thanks just making sure.
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
#34ZrorroPosted 8/1/2012 2:26:40 PMmessage detail
Thanks for Posting this, it really helped me. I was thinking about getting a 3DS XL and was unsure how much gets transfered.
---
XBL: Zrorro the 2nd (Wii) 2968-1959-7665-4725
PSN: Zrorro
#35Wage_SlavePosted 8/2/2012 7:14:11 PMmessage detail
Hm. If I were to perform a System Transfer from my current 3DS to an Ambassador 3DS, wait out the seven day period, and then transfer again to a 3DS XL, would I retain both the data from my original 3DS as well as the Ambassador status and games?
---
"Three days later, they dug me out. I never saw Arthur again, but I'll bet wherever he's gone, he's having a damn good time."
#36BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 7:29:03 PMmessage detail
Wage_Slave posted...
Hm. If I were to perform a System Transfer from my current 3DS to an Ambassador 3DS, wait out the seven day period, and then transfer again to a 3DS XL, would I retain both the data from my original 3DS as well as the Ambassador status and games?

I think somebody just recently did this in one of the topics, and they said they maintained all the games. I would search for that topic to confirm though.
---
#37tedneweb1Posted 8/5/2012 12:16:10 AMmessage detail
Sorry if this was already covered earlier, but I have an SD card question:

I have an 8GB card in my 3DS right now. After the system transfer, can I just use it in the 3DS XL right away, or are there special steps to be taken first?
#38Kristopher50Posted 8/10/2012 7:31:56 PMmessage detail
Who wants to be my friend on the 3ds and does anyone have kid icarus.
#39SharkOmegaPosted 8/16/2012 10:01:31 AMmessage detail
And this means I can keep my Mii Plaza unlocks?

And basically, does it mean I have to have both 3DS's at once, and can't trade the original 3DS for the bonus towards the XL preorder?
---
Gamertag: Shark Omega
Steam: SharkXOmega
#40BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 11:16:40 AMmessage detail
SharkOmega posted...
And this means I can keep my Mii Plaza unlocks?

And basically, does it mean I have to have both 3DS's at once, and can't trade the original 3DS for the bonus towards the XL preorder?

Yes you keep the Mii Plaza stuff.

Yes you need both systems, and a wifi connection. Call and ask your local store to see if they'll allow you to do the transfer first before trading it in.

I suggest selling it yourself though. You'll get more money.
---