3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#51BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2012 2:20:39 PMmessage detail
NinjaGamer_23 posted...
This transfer guide really helped me put my data onto my 3ds XL. Thank you Topic creator for this guide.

No problem. When I did my transfer earlier today, I actually opened my guide and followed it lol
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#52Oni_LuigiPosted 8/20/2012 1:20:34 PMmessage detail
BigReed posted...
NinjaGamer_23 posted...
This transfer guide really helped me put my data onto my 3ds XL. Thank you Topic creator for this guide.

No problem. When I did my transfer earlier today, I actually opened my guide and followed it lol

THANK YOU SO MUCH THE GUIDE, BIG REED! After 2 two failed attempts/failed connections, I plugged in the source system on 3rd attempt. Now I gotta transfer sd card to bigger sd card on a pc, gonna format the new one of course. Everything worked for system transfer, thanks again!
---
Confound these Metroidvanias they drive me to insomnia!
#53oomomowPosted 8/20/2012 3:23:22 PMmessage detail
I have the legend of zelda four swords anniversary edition (DSI Ware). You could only get it for a couple days in february.

Would it transfer over because I really want it.

If it does, will it be on both 3ds systems. I'm giving my older brother my 3ds (regular) once I get my XL and I want to know if we can play together after the Transfer.
---
PSN: oomomow Gamer Tag: Yamato Soul
Playing: dragons dogma(xbox), UMVC(ps3/xbox), KI uprising, RE revelations, and N64 games
#54BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 3:28:06 PMmessage detail
oomomow posted...
I have the legend of zelda four swords anniversary edition (DSI Ware). You could only get it for a couple days in february.

If it does, will it be on both 3ds systems. I'm giving my older brother my 3ds (regular) once I get my XL and I want to know if we can play together after the Transfer.

Yes it will, and no it will only be on the new 3ds.
---
#55oomomowPosted 8/20/2012 3:33:21 PMmessage detail
BigReed posted...
oomomow posted...

Yes it will, and no it will only be on the new 3ds.

Ok. Thanks for the info. AND... Nice guide, I it was written very well. The thing I like the most is the actual writing style.
---
PSN: oomomow Gamer Tag: Yamato Soul
Playing: dragons dogma(xbox), UMVC(ps3/xbox), KI uprising, RE revelations, and N64 games
#56LightElfPosted 8/20/2012 4:24:33 PMmessage detail(edited)
BigReed posted...
•If "Do Not Delete" is selected, the Target system will request to perform the transfer without deleting the Nintendo 3DS data on the SD Card. Tap "Yes" to begin the transfer.

I selected Do Not Delete Target system SD card data...is that bad?

Nevermind. I guess I just have to format my 4GB SD card before I copy everything over from my 2GB old one. I am currently using the 2GB in my XL instead of the 4 GB because I'm too lazy to transfer to the new one. I will do it later.
---
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq344/lightelf1337/hotchick.jpg
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq344/lightelf1337/whitepeople.gif
#57BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 4:12:40 PMmessage detail
I'm pretty sure you select "yes" for all the options.
---
#581GATORFANPosted 8/23/2012 4:43:49 PMmessage detail
So you have to have both systems on hand or you lose everything? Like the 20 free games we got are lost and can't just login and re down load them?

Also what about pics or videos? Does the 3ds have a email system you can use and just email them to a different email?

I'm asking because I was gonna sell my 3ds off craigs for more money than any trade in deal would give you but can't buy the XL until after I sell my first 3ds.

Thanks
#59YomachaserPosted 9/1/2012 10:40:36 PMmessage detail
That set of rules is awful! Why the hell can they not just add an account password for the sd card?
---
Currently playing Azkend 2 and Dead Trigger
Currently reading Kitchen Confidential
#60clonusdecorpusPosted 9/4/2012 1:58:57 PMmessage detail
BigReed posted...
HDCase posted...
Just to confirm, the transfer takes care of everything right? Why would I want or need to copy from one memory card to another?

Thanks for the topic by the way. It's helping me get psychologically prepared for when I get my 3DS XL.

The transfer takes care of everything that is saved to the 3ds system. And I included the memory card info because plenty of people will be buying a new and bigger memory card. It's just good information to have.

Ridiculous hypothetical question for everyone out there, but what's to stop someone from creating a 3DS emulator, then transfer their legitimate system information to that emulator to modify/replicate, then to send it back to multiple systems that they own (for younger siblings and such)?

Second question, what would happen if you interrupted the system transfer right before it ended? Kinda like the link cables from pokemon red and blue when duplicating pokemon.