3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

User Info: jaziz20

jaziz20
4 years ago#61
I just tried the transfer from memory card to other, and it didnt work. I followed all the steps listed. What went wrong?
\
jaziz20 posted...
I just tried the transfer from memory card to other, and it didnt work. I followed all the steps listed. What went wrong?
\

This happened to me as well.
http://i.imgur.com/dNXZN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zr7iv.jpg
jaziz20 posted...
\

This happened to me as well.
http://i.imgur.com/dNXZN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zr7iv.jpg
I'm going to trade in my old 3DS for the 3DS XL. I have a 32 GB memory card on it. Can I just put my memory card in the 3DS XL, and get everything I have still? Like my Mii, my Mii hats, the puzzles, the people I streetpassed with? That's what I'm wondering..
(message deleted)

User Info: CrackRokMcCaib

CrackRokMcCaib
4 years ago#66
My 3DS is broken. It wont turn on. I can't send it to Nintendo because it is physically broken as well and need a new system. I saved the board from the old one and want to buy a new one. What part do I need to transfer from the old board to the new system to make the new system "think" it's the old one. I want to keep my downloads that I paid for and my friends. Is there a way to do this by simply swapping out parts? There has to be.
3DS FC: 0903-2916-0383
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
Just bought an XL and I have a silly question.

When I do a data transfer, does the originating 3DS keep all the pre-installed stuff? Or does it get erased? I'm selling my old 3DS to my nephew, and I don't want to give him a blank system.
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)

User Info: Rotcod_What

Rotcod_What
4 years ago#68
I'm about to do a system transfer from a normal 3DS to an XL. The one thing that I can't find a cear answer to is as follows: I have a handful of purchases on my 3DS shop account that are not currently on my system, but I can redownload them whenever I want. Should I put them on my old system before doing the transfer? Will I lose them forever if they are not present, or once the transfer is done will I be able to redownload them to my XL?

I know my wording isn't perfect but I'm tired and didn't see an answer to this in the topic already.
Now they face an even greater danger...
Tyrannosaurs in F-14s!!
Nintendo 69DS

Coming soon. In 69 years.
hot old 69s

User Info: kyiori

kyiori
3 years ago#70
Not sure if anyone ever try this, but I have a question about my situation. I have a launch 3DS with Ambassador and stuff and an XL with Mario Kart. I would like to swap between the 2 devices. I was thinking of doing this:

3DS, XL, and spare. XL -> Spare, so spare has MK, XL becomes clean. 3DS -> XL, so all my stuff are on XL. Then, after time period, spare -> 3DS, so my original 3DS has the digital Mario Kart.

This should theoretically work, but anyone able to confirm?

Only reason I want to do this is because I have the physical version of Mario Kart and don't want to redo everything, but still plan to keep my original 3DS to lend to my bro with a fresh Mario Kart.
If you're not a sheep in one flock, you're a sheep in another.
Sakura Taisen Forever
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed