3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#81BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 8:37:00 AMmessage detail
Megaman Omega posted...
I have a question. It says there's a 5 transfer limit. What is it tied to? The system, or the data you're transferring... or what?

I'm assuming it's tied to the data that is being transferred.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#82Kaze_MemaryuPosted 3/19/2013 5:25:41 AMmessage detail
I never found an answer for this, but can you select the titles to be transferred or will everything move over automatically?
---
"Evil beware - we have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans
I TRANSLATE!!! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959197-tales-of-graces/64405766
#83BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 6:18:17 AMmessage detail
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
I never found an answer for this, but can you select the titles to be transferred or will everything move over automatically?

Everything moves. It's a system transfer as opposed to doing something like moving over selected files from a flash drive to a computer.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#84Kaze_MemaryuPosted 3/19/2013 6:42:10 AMmessage detail
BigReed posted...
Kaze_Memaryu posted...

Everything moves. It's a system transfer as opposed to doing something like moving over selected files from a flash drive to a computer.

Well, shucks... thanks for the quick answer!
---
"Evil beware - we have waffles..." - Raven, Teen Titans
I TRANSLATE!!! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959197-tales-of-graces/64405766
#85ShadowToshiyaPosted 3/29/2013 10:37:48 PMmessage detail
Quick question,

My friend is selling his ambassador 3ds. I asked him if I can get his games before he sells it. My question is what exactly gets overwritten? I have a lot of games on my current 3DS and wouldn't want to re-download every game I have on there, Will his eShop account take over mines or combine?
#86tyrannosauryogiPosted 3/30/2013 5:38:42 AMmessage detail
My situation: I just got the awesome Pikachu 3DSXL and already have a Blue 3DSXL that I will be giving to my wife. Pikachu 3DSXL has the promoted free downloaded Starfox that I prefer not to lose. (but maybe I will have to)

From what I gather from the thread if I do the system transfer from my Blue to my Pikachu, Blue is wiped and Pikachu receives everything from it while losing what it already had. My Blue has a bunch of saves and a couple downloaded games like Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey and one or two more that I want to pass on to Pikachu.

Is my best bet to get all of my collected information onto Pikachu is to do an SD card transfer\copy using my mac?

There is no redownloading software from the Nintendo store is there? Even if it recognizes you bought the game already?

Thanks for the help.
---
Love fighters! Find me playing P4A, SF4, BBEX, SFxT......XBL name: CuteYogaGirls
#87BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:48:27 AMmessage detail
ShadowToshiya posted...
Quick question,

My friend is selling his ambassador 3ds. I asked him if I can get his games before he sells it. My question is what exactly gets overwritten? I have a lot of games on my current 3DS and wouldn't want to re-download every game I have on there, Will his eShop account take over mines or combine?

Everything gets overwritten. Meaning, all the stuff on his 3ds would take the place of your stuff on your 3ds. You'd lose everything you downloaded on yours. The account system hasn't been released by Nintendo yet.
---
#88BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:50:41 AMmessage detail
tyrannosauryogi posted...
My situation: I just got the awesome Pikachu 3DSXL and already have a Blue 3DSXL that I will be giving to my wife. Pikachu 3DSXL has the promoted free downloaded Starfox that I prefer not to lose. (but maybe I will have to)

From what I gather from the thread if I do the system transfer from my Blue to my Pikachu, Blue is wiped and Pikachu receives everything from it while losing what it already had. My Blue has a bunch of saves and a couple downloaded games like Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey and one or two more that I want to pass on to Pikachu.

Is my best bet to get all of my collected information onto Pikachu is to do an SD card transfer\copy using my mac?

There is no redownloading software from the Nintendo store is there? Even if it recognizes you bought the game already?

Thanks for the help.

Somebody posted about this in the topic about a 3ds that had MK7 preinstalled on it. I think they were able to redownload MK7, but I think in your case, the other games would be lost.

You CANNOT do the transfer just by moving files over from the SD card using a mac or pc.
---
#89tyrannosauryogiPosted 3/30/2013 8:25:39 AMmessage detail
Hmm okay. And you cannot transfer one or two files, just everything right?
---
Love fighters! Find me playing P4A, SF4, BBEX, SFxT......XBL name: CuteYogaGirls
#90NintendoDudeGuyPosted 3/30/2013 10:30:40 AMmessage detail(edited)

On the eShop it says previously purchased software can be redownloaded for free. I don't know how system transferring to a system that already has things works, though...
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."