3DS System Transfer Information (Read before Posting!)

#91ZangetsugaPosted 3/30/2013 2:19:09 PMmessage detail
One question, I got the xl and did a transfer. I also got a bigger sd card and did the copy and paste from the computer but my dlc, games and some other things (netflix, swapnote) doesn't transfer. Am I suppose to just re-download them? I still have them if I use my old sd card but I want to use the new one.
---
There's no "I" in "TEAM," but there's an "I" in "WIN."
3DS FC - 4554-0129-0757 - Coda PSN - twilight_getsuga
#92NintendoDudeGuyPosted 3/31/2013 2:54:17 PMmessage detail
Your games should have transferred... Mine did from one SD card to another.

When I got a new SD card, I put it in to make sure it worked and it made folders for the data.
There's a folder called something like "Nintendo 3DS" and in it is a folder which is a bunch of random letters and numbers.
I copied the old card's data and told it to overwrite files with the same name, but...
I had the newly created folder with no games in it and the old folder with my games, which was named a different bunch of random letters and numbers. It was looking in the new one with nothing in it. So I deleted the new folder to get it to recognize the old data.

---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."
#93tyrannosauryogiPosted 4/1/2013 9:43:13 AMmessage detail
Question: I have a few downloaded games on my original SD card (Fire Emblem & Etrian Odyssey). I put that SD card into my new Pikachu 3DS and none of that information showed up. Why?

Also, can someone confirm my suspicion that if I want to transfer my downloaded games from my Blue 3DS to my Pikachu 3DS I will have to sacrifice my downloaded StarFox on my Pikachu?

Merci beaucoup!
---
Love fighters! Find me playing P4A, SF4, BBEX, SFxT......XBL name: CuteYogaGirls
#94BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:58:58 AMmessage detail
tyrannosauryogi posted...
Question: I have a few downloaded games on my original SD card (Fire Emblem & Etrian Odyssey). I put that SD card into my new Pikachu 3DS and none of that information showed up. Why?

Also, can someone confirm my suspicion that if I want to transfer my downloaded games from my Blue 3DS to my Pikachu 3DS I will have to sacrifice my downloaded StarFox on my Pikachu?

Merci beaucoup!

You did the full system transfer and then put the memory card in and nothing showed up?
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#95tyrannosauryogiPosted 4/1/2013 5:22:58 PMmessage detail
I have not performed the transfer yet. I am just trying to find a way to transfer without losing one downloaded game on the target system. If there is no successful way to do it then I am out one game and that's life.
---
Love fighters! Find me playing P4A, SF4, BBEX, SFxT......XBL name: CuteYogaGirls
#96dizanimatorPosted 4/2/2013 6:48:36 AMmessage detail
tyrannosauryogi posted...
I have not performed the transfer yet. I am just trying to find a way to transfer without losing one downloaded game on the target system. If there is no successful way to do it then I am out one game and that's life.

I think that the eShop accounts of the original and target systems are combined on the target system. So after you do the transfer,and move the original SD card to the new 3DS, you can download StarFox onto that SD card (assuming you have enough free blocks).
#97tyrannosauryogiPosted 4/2/2013 9:53:03 AMmessage detail
Sweet. Ill give it a shot and take the risk. I'll post my result later in the event it helps anyone else.
---
#98TheStarCore(Moderator)Posted 4/23/2013 3:14:05 AMmessage detail
Thunderbird8 posted...
You will need to redownload Mario Kart to the target system, but it will be possible to do so (I did this last week).

Hope you're right :) Just bought a MH3 3DS XL, and transferring stuff now...
#99BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 5:49:21 AMmessage detail
TheStarCore posted...
Thunderbird8 posted...
You will need to redownload Mario Kart to the target system, but it will be possible to do so (I did this last week).

Hope you're right :) Just bought a MH3 3DS XL, and transferring stuff now...

From what I've read, it'll merge your accounts and you won't lose the free game that was preinstalled on the system.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.
#100TheStarCore(Moderator)Posted 4/23/2013 7:14:45 AMmessage detail
BigReed posted...
From what I've read, it'll merge your accounts and you won't lose the free game that was preinstalled on the system.

Exactly this. All worked out.

This topic was a good help though, so thanks