So the 3DS XL has worse 3D effects than the normal 3DS?

#11ChronosknightPosted 7/30/2012 3:43:16 PM
I'm undecided as well. Having a bigger screen would be much better, I feel that I squint at the 3DS' screen. But I've heard about several issues with the 3DS XL now that make me wonder if it wouldn't be the best idea to be an early adopter.

I have two launch 3DS systems. My turquoise one has a yellowish screen and my cosmo black 3DS has a peeling serial number, a messed up screw where it was put together incorrectly and a squeaky d-pad. Though I fixed the squeaky d-pad with WD-40. Both have wobbly hinges.

I've owned every Nintendo handheld released and I don't remember any of the others having such shoddy construction.
#12mjc0961Posted 7/30/2012 3:46:04 PM
fallenKlNG posted...
I wouldn't call it "picture stretching" either, as it's not the same as what happens when you try to play a GBC game on the GBA and you have the option to literally stretch it out to be wider. The picture fits perfectly.

Too bad it's still stretching. You're stretching the image from one resolution to another. The only difference between this and the GBA is that it gets stretched in both dimensions instead of one.
---
YOU'RE a pie chart.
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=mjc0961
#13GreenSF49Posted 7/30/2012 3:58:49 PM
Chronosknight posted...
I'm undecided as well. Having a bigger screen would be much better, I feel that I squint at the 3DS' screen. But I've heard about several issues with the 3DS XL now that make me wonder if it wouldn't be the best idea to be an early adopter.

I have two launch 3DS systems. My turquoise one has a yellowish screen and my cosmo black 3DS has a peeling serial number, a messed up screw where it was put together incorrectly and a squeaky d-pad. Though I fixed the squeaky d-pad with WD-40. Both have wobbly hinges.

I've owned every Nintendo handheld released and I don't remember any of the others having such shoddy construction.

First time glossy now they're going back.
#14ChronosknightPosted 7/30/2012 4:00:21 PM
GreenSF49 posted...

First time glossy now they're going back.

That's also a reason I'd rather have the XL. My cosmo black 3DS is a fingerprint magnet.

-_-
#15elheberPosted 7/30/2012 4:04:28 PM
fallenKlNG posted...
Also, the 3d sweetspot is bigger.

It isn't.

mjc0961 posted...
Too bad it's still stretching. You're stretching the image from one resolution to another.

You mean 3DS games on the 3DS XL? No, it's not stretching.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#16VampiricDragon_Posted 7/30/2012 4:05:48 PM
10 reviews saying its better and 1 saying its not have you worried?

dude
#17cabcalloway1983(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 4:10:52 PM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
10 reviews saying its better and 1 saying its not have you worried?

dude

Only read several reviews of the system.if there are 10 reviews saying the 3D is better and only 1 saying it isnt then that is a pretty good indication that the 3D should be better on XL.
#18elheberPosted 7/30/2012 4:28:48 PM
cabcalloway1983 posted...
Only read several reviews of the system.if there are 10 reviews saying the 3D is better and only 1 saying it isnt then that is a pretty good indication that the 3D should be better on XL.

Nearly all reviews say the 3D effect is better on the XL.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#19cabcalloway1983(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 4:44:16 PM
elheber posted...
cabcalloway1983 posted...

Nearly all reviews say the 3D effect is better on the XL.

That is pretty reassuring,i guess as long as the 3D effects are just as good as the regular 3DS the only issue would be the bigger screens showing off jaggies.