New puzzle piece. Its a.........Big Mac?

#41so64Posted 8/6/2012 3:01:17 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
so64 posted...
Well to be fair, Nintendo does run their Nintendo Zones from some McDonalds here in the US and probably UK, so I can see this as a kind of thank you for that.

It's nothing like a thank you. It's called a partnership.

Eh, I'm pretty sure Nintendo has to pay for McDonalds to host those zones. This seems too small to be a partnership and seems more like a token of goodwill than anything.
---
www.brokencontrollers.com Official 3DS board Historian. 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#42TheGreatUnownPosted 8/6/2012 3:14:17 PM
slugboss posted...
TheGreatUnown posted...
Omega_Black posted...
slugboss posted...
Oh yay, lets collect all the puzzle pieces for an advertisement...

Yeah, not like the other "advertisements" for Ocarina of Time, Metroid: Other M, Super Mario Galaxy, Kirby, Pikmin and others, derp.

This. Bunch of hypocrites in this topic.

Mcdonald's will not miss a couple GFAQS users.

Come on, you don't consider video game content an ad between your video game playing. Or when your favorite show tells you about their next episode... This is worse.

How is this worse? I'd understand if it was like those web/video ads that actively interfere with the experience, but this is a freaking picture that would probably take most people months to even complete. How much time would you spend actually looking at it compared to an ad on YouTube or television?
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
#43Omega_BlackPosted 8/6/2012 3:19:16 PM
slugboss posted...
Come on, you don't consider video game content an ad between your video game playing.

Of course I do because it's the same damn thing.
It's made worse when you don't even care for or don't like the games/genres being advertised. Yeah, it's game-related but that doesn't stop them from being unwanted adverts.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#44slugbossPosted 8/6/2012 3:24:14 PM
TheGreatUnown posted...
slugboss posted...
TheGreatUnown posted...
Omega_Black posted...
slugboss posted...
Oh yay, lets collect all the puzzle pieces for an advertisement...

Yeah, not like the other "advertisements" for Ocarina of Time, Metroid: Other M, Super Mario Galaxy, Kirby, Pikmin and others, derp.

This. Bunch of hypocrites in this topic.

Mcdonald's will not miss a couple GFAQS users.

Come on, you don't consider video game content an ad between your video game playing. Or when your favorite show tells you about their next episode... This is worse.

How is this worse? I'd understand if it was like those web/video ads that actively interfere with the experience, but this is a freaking picture that would probably take most people months to even complete. How much time would you spend actually looking at it compared to an ad on YouTube or television?

It's just pure torture for those that actually use this feature(I don't really), but for those gamers with a mild case of OCD that need to complete every puzzle. They didn't sign up for this crap when they bought a video game system. We are actively exploring video game content, not how to become unhealthy masses with their fake scented burgers.
---
http://raptr.com/slugboss
#45BonggoblinPosted 8/6/2012 3:28:45 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Gogo726 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Royale with cheese

What does Marcellus Wallace look like?

What?

Say what one more time. I dare you.
---
XBL: BGobblin
PSN: BongGoblin
#46TediousMattPosted 8/6/2012 3:29:28 PM
slugboss posted...
It's just pure torture for those that actually use this feature(I don't really), but for those gamers with a mild case of OCD that need to complete every puzzle. They didn't sign up for this crap when they bought a video game system. We are actively exploring video game content, not how to become unhealthy masses with their fake scented burgers.

Derp.

15 pieces and you can trade them with other people. It'll be completed in a matter of days seeing that they are blue and can be bought with play coins. You only need one piece to start the puzzle.

You can get it without ever going near the place.
#47slugbossPosted 8/6/2012 3:36:12 PM
Well, have fun flipping through your collection of 3d video game photos and a burger which doesn't seem at all odd, or subliminally convinces you to go and fill your body full of garbage. No harm done.
---
http://raptr.com/slugboss
#48ceedofevilPosted 8/6/2012 3:43:47 PM
It's not just McDonalds I hate, but pretty much every other fast food place as well. I just find fast food gross and disgusting, but I guess I'm not allowed that freedom.
---
Number of people who told me they can say no: 0 Started on July 27 2012
passid.ca/ceed Group: The Mosh Pit Feel the chugga!
#49nintendoggerPosted 8/6/2012 3:50:41 PM
Guy on the first page reminds me of Jim Gaffigan's bit on McDonalds.

"Oh you're too good to eat at McDonalds? Well good, they wouldn't want you anyway."
-not saying the rest of the bit for fear of being modded.-
---
7/28/2012
#50Kouji_TaminoPosted 8/6/2012 3:51:09 PM
ceedofevil posted...
It's not just McDonalds I hate, but pretty much every other fast food place as well. I just find fast food gross and disgusting, but I guess I'm not allowed that freedom.

Oh, don't go on that "freedom" spiel. You have just as much right to complain as others have to tell you that you're overreacting.
---
AC CF FC:0776-2125-0177; Name: Jory; Town: Tacoma