Opinions on some games

#1EngineR2Posted 8/14/2012 12:04:57 PM
Which game should I consider getting? - Results (169 votes)
Super Mario 3D Land
39.05% (66 votes)
Mario Kart 7
24.85% (42 votes)
New Super Mario Bros. 2
14.2% (24 votes)
Animal Crossing: Jump out(or whatever they'll call it)
13.61% (23 votes)
Forget all of the games, save the gift card.
8.28% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I have enough money left on my gift cards for a free game.

The reason I can't decide on my own, is because there are pros and cons in each decision, that sort of cancel each other out.

Super Mario 3D Land:
Pros:
-New Mario platformer that takes good advantage of the 3D.

-Is a little different than what I've played from past 3D Mario games.

Cons:
-I've heard it's still pretty easy.

-Not the biggest fan of the claustrophobic, block-like world feel.

Mario Kart 7:
Pros:
-Another solid entry in the franchise, so I pretty much know what I'm getting.

-Online racing adds replay value(I played Mario Kart Wii for 400+ hours).

Cons:
-No single-player battle mode. I spent a lot of time on this on Mario Kart DS, and Wii, so it will be sorely missed by me.

-Character selection is odd. It's cool that Rosalina was included, but no Waluigi? And another Mario?

New Super Mario Bros. 2:
Pros:
-I've heard level design is great in this game. I loved playing the first game, so I'll probably love this one, too.

-Always a fan of the Super Mario Bros. games.

Cons:
-There's not much different at all. It's literally the same song and dance(enemies dance to same music, with added "BAH"(which I'm a bit annoyed at with this particular game)), and the creativity is severely lacking, when compared to past efforts. Something the Mario series is known for.

-3D effect actually hinders the visual quality. Neglected, when it could've enhanced this game, and made it unique from the other SMB games(like Mario Land on Virtual Boy was going to do).

Animal Crossing: Jump Out:
Pros:
-I always love these games, and it looks like there's a lot more to do in this version.

-3D effect would probably look the greatest out of the choices of games I've supplied.

Cons:
-I'm more of a person who enjoys playing platformers more than this type of game, so I'll still miss the other games.

-It's not out yet, so I'd have to wait a bit(money is a bit tight, and I've got other things to pay, which is why I'm using a gift card).

Which one should I get? Or should I wait for Animal Crossing?
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#2Neo1661Posted 8/14/2012 12:06:25 PM
Only one I've played is Super Mario Land 3D and I hated it. It's just so bland and boring! Good job I only rented it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bKCUN.gif
#3melchiahdimPosted 8/14/2012 12:21:29 PM
Super Mario 3D Land is the best game on that list. It has great level deaign and the later levels are pretty difficult. Animal Crossing isn't out yet.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3149-8066
#4Superlinkbros89Posted 8/14/2012 12:27:02 PM(edited)
Mario kart is perfect if you can access the internet on your 3ds and DOES have single player battle mode, otherwise get 3D land
---
Signature spoken using voice dictation.
#5stargazer64Posted 8/14/2012 12:39:26 PM
Superlinkbros89 posted...
Mario kart is perfect if you can access the internet on your 3ds and DOES have single player battle mode, otherwise get 3D land

Correct, it does.

People whine because it lacks a single player vs mode. I don't know why anyone cares about this, but they do.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#6nintendoggerPosted 8/14/2012 12:41:58 PM
Sounds to me like you really want Animal Crossing. If you think money will be tight, oh say... Feb 2013, then you should preorder AC now. If not, get someone else, and in, oh say.... Feb 2013 you can get AC as well.

If you're the American I presume you to be.
---
Zero Escape:Virtue's Last Reward, Oct 24. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Oct 28, Paper Mario:Sticker Star, Nov 11.
#7EngineR2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2012 12:47:18 PM
stargazer64 posted...
Superlinkbros89 posted...

Correct, it does.

People whine because it lacks a single player vs mode. I don't know why anyone cares about this, but they do.

It does? That's great, then. Maybe I've misheard, then. In that case, it's almost perfectly fine by me. Thanks for clearing that up!

I'm still a bit bothered by how long it took New Super Mario Bros. 2 to get a single vote. I pre-ordered the first one, and the Wii version, and got them day one. I've been on the fence about it, because it looks to be mostly the same as what I've already played twice.

I may start to consider Mario Kart 7 a bit more, however, after finding out about the battle mode. So far, Super Mario 3D Land may be the way to go, according to the poll. Still going to give it some more time, before I make a definite choice.
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#8EngineR2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2012 12:50:15 PM
nintendogger posted...
... If you think money will be tight, oh say... Feb 2013, then you should preorder AC now...

Feb. 2013? You think it will take Nintendo that long to bring the game to the states? It's coming out this fall in Japan, so that may be a possibility.

Hope not.
---
#9stargazer64Posted 8/14/2012 12:55:47 PM
Well I love 2D platformers, so with NSMB2 you really can't go wrong unless you hate the series. You know what you're getting.

I voted for 3D Land simply because I've played the game and it's awesome. I actually sold it, regretted it, and re-bought it and I'm playing through it again.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#10SMASHKING84Posted 8/14/2012 12:56:02 PM
"I've heard it's still pretty easy."
protip mario fans say this about any mario game not named Lost levels.
i would consider SM3DLand middle of the road harder then some easier mario titles but easier then some harder mario title
---
The Official Jester of The NDFJirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:2