Since the 3DS has a RPG drought, let's make the ultimate 3DS RPG.

#11confettistormPosted 8/21/2012 12:39:51 PM
Tales of the Abyss

What drought are you talking about?
#12MajinKogahazanPosted 8/21/2012 12:50:35 PM
Give me a combo of Dragon Quest (world map and charm), Golden Sun (puzzles/dungeons), Tales of Legendia (artist/composer and a few other things), Shin Megami Tensei/Persona (stuff), Suikoden/Breath of Fire/Wild Arms (some of their more unique ideas, like town building), and the rest of the Tales of series (everything else).
---
Games to troll: A Link to the Past, Skyward Sword, Tales of Graces, Star Ocean series.
Dubs>Subs
#1321_21Posted 8/21/2012 12:51:20 PM
My idea of an RPG would be one that takes place in modern-day setting. I know that's what Shin Megami Tensei does, but I mean one that doesn't involve supernatural phenomenon, but something that deals with problems in present day.

And what could be more interesting would be to incorporate modern-day elements into it. Instead of swords you have guns, or knives. Instead of being a swordsman, you would be a detective instead, or maybe even part of the law enforcement. Instead of two countries being at war with each other, you might have two gangs, or even stories invovling two present day countries trying to go nuke each other.

I'm aware that these stuffs are better to incorporate in other genre, like third person shooter or grand theft auto or whatever, but I'd like to see how an RPG genre using these elements would play like.

I guess the RPG that's out currently that fits the most to my description would be Earthbound and Mother 3.
---
Currently playing:
Kingdom Hearts 3D and Tales of Graces F
#14keyblader1985Posted 8/21/2012 1:12:49 PM
Baha05 posted...
Though honestly I'm gunna throw it out there, we need a damn Dark Cloud.

I've always said this. Hell, I'd take a port of DC2. It's easily one of the best games of its genre I've ever played.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/GameFAQs/sig01.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#15Nick BlazePosted 8/21/2012 2:48:28 PM
Tales of the Abyss

So you walk up to a farm and see only one tomato, but everything else is dead. This farm is supposed to feed 35 million people.

How would that not be a drought?

And not everybody likes tomatoes.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Nick_Blaze
https://www.createspace.com/3382063 - Please support me and buy my poetry!
#1621_21Posted 8/21/2012 2:51:20 PM(edited)
Nick Blaze posted...
Tales of the Abyss

So you walk up to a farm and see only one tomato, but everything else is dead. This farm is supposed to feed 35 million people.

How would that not be a drought?

And not everybody likes tomatoes.

I think the better situation would be we got Tales of the Abyss, Devil Survivor, and Heroes of Ruin. 3 RPGs in one year. I don't think that qualifies as a drought.

Not to mention Paper Mario and Fire Emblem coming out in less than a year.
---
Currently playing:
Kingdom Hearts 3D and Tales of Graces F
#17Makeveli_livesPosted 8/21/2012 2:56:18 PM
I want an RPG in todays world as well. The games that take place in the past or a war torn future land where people use swords and s*** is getting old. And I want it to be an action RPG. If it's in the real world it should have real-time battles like mas Effect, Kingdom Hearts, and Fallout does. Complete menu based combat needs to go away, it's a limitation of technology remnant from decades ago to make up for lack of capabilities of early system. We can do some s*** with modern consoles so for the love of god do some s*** with it.
---
Pokemon White FC: 2065 0926 8652
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340
#18DynamicJumpIuffPosted 8/21/2012 3:13:59 PM(edited)
We are getting the ultimate RPG.

It's called Shin Megami Tensei IV. But then again, story and characters were two things the games rarely got right so... I think we should give it Planescape: Torment-level characters and story.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#19IKnowGameFuPosted 8/21/2012 4:33:42 PM
confettistorm posted...
Tales of the Abyss

Not even a new game.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#20Buttery_ToastPosted 8/21/2012 5:14:44 PM
I know people will laugh at me for this, but I'd love a game like FF8 again. Sure, the story was a mess. But the feel of the game was amazing. That odd like mixture of modern and futuristic elements just rubbed me the right way.

Basically, take the style of FF8, toss in interactions like the Persona series, get a solid technoy rocky soundtrack, crazy characters like you see in the Ace Attorney series, and bam. The best RPG ever created for myself.
---
My body is always Reggie.
Currently playing: Shinobi, TotA3DS