3DS XL vs. DSiXL...which is the better product overall?

#1gogogosuperPosted 8/27/2012 12:59:01 PM
Discuss!
#2CervosiPosted 8/27/2012 1:16:01 PM
Is that even a question?

the DSiXL attempts to pander to an older audience with it's more 'adult colors' like "Chocolate" and "Red Wine"

the DSi was also a frock because nearly 100% of the DSiware is crap indie titles that aren't even fun.

There's also a whopping like, 4 DSi only games.

So, yeah. the 3DS XL can do anything the DSi can.

Though I'm not even sure if the DSi can do 1:1 native resolution for DS games like the 3DS models can (Hold Start and Select when starting up a DS game)
---
Bluh bluh.
#3Kitt ThrustPosted 8/27/2012 1:17:22 PM
3DS XL. You get all the benefits of the 3DS ( 3DS games, eShop and all the games, extra functions like AR, Activity Log, Streetpass, SpotPass, etc ) and backwards compatibility with DS games. DSi XL you're stuck with just DS games and DSiWare.
---
Go Go Big Underpants !!
http://i.imgur.com/kZGQ7.gif
#4psoRangerPosted 8/27/2012 1:23:33 PM
"Anything you can do I can do better."
---
1-29-01 Phantasy Star Online
#5domranguayPosted 8/27/2012 1:56:00 PM(edited)
Cervosi posted...
I'm not even sure if the DSi can do 1:1 native resolution for DS games like the 3DS models can (Hold Start and Select when starting up a DS game)

The DSiXLs screen is 1:1 for DS games. Its screen has the same resolution as every other DS screen.

The 3DS has a higher resolution and 3DSXL has the same as that.

If you want a large screen for DS games th DSiXL would be slightly better than the 3DSXL.

If you plan to use the 1:1 on the 3DSXL the game is apparently shown at about DSi size.

The 3DSXL does have the advantage of being able to play 3DS games, so it wins overall.
#6shamontray29Posted 8/27/2012 1:57:39 PM
the 3ds xl is the better product because its bigger,more memory and others things like a better shop that is organized and the 3ds xl has upgraded graphics,plus the 3dsxl has great apps like netflix,swapnote,music app that features mp3 playback and the soon to come hulu plus.and the nintendo network is the new network for the nintendo wiiu and the nintendo 3ds that can do things that the nintendo wifi connection couldnt.theres a universal friend codes and you can join your friends games and see whos online and what they are playing.also theres a circle pad if you are not a fan of the d-pad and if you are a fan of gyro and motion control feature,i got to say iam a big fan aiming using the gyro playing re revalation.you got the dlc,demos,movies,ar games,music player,record videos,camera,dlc,game patches,face raiders,communicate and other great unique features:]
---
ADD ME FC-4038-6225-1325
psn gamertag:getmoneyboytay
#7CervosiPosted 8/27/2012 2:24:11 PM(edited)
domranguay posted...
Cervosi posted...
I'm not even sure if the DSi can do 1:1 native resolution for DS games like the 3DS models can (Hold Start and Select when starting up a DS game)

The DSiXLs screen is 1:1 for DS games. Its screen has the same resolution as every other DS screen.

The 3DS has a higher resolution and 3DSXL has the same as that.

If you want a large screen for DS games th DSiXL would be slightly better than the 3DSXL.

If you plan to use the 1:1 on the 3DSXL the game is apparently shown at about DSi size.

The 3DSXL does have the advantage of being able to play 3DS games, so it wins overall.

What I mean is, the 3DS can do this:
http://3dstribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/DS-native-resolution-3DS.jpg

Play DS games in their original resolution so they aren't stretched out.

the 3DS XL plays Native resolution games closer to the original screen size.
---
Bluh bluh.