How's Netflix on the XL?

#1Kieff_KalinaPosted 8/29/2012 3:00:04 PM
Is the video resolution scaled to match the XL's screens or is it actually greater definition? At the very least, is the image quality the same as the 3DS?
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.9
#2MarioLuigi10Posted 8/29/2012 3:03:38 PM
i heard from reviewers that it looks worse than on the original because its stretched and more pixelated. i would go look at some videos. but there is no substitute for watching it yourself so if you know someone with it check it out
---
Steam/PSN: BTY2468
Currently Playing: ES+Fallout games, Half Lifes,Vampire the Masquerade Also doing the INSANITY Workout... woot
#3XNo_FearXPosted 8/29/2012 3:12:50 PM
its worse on the XL. i am disappointed..
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
#4Trespasser2003Posted 8/29/2012 5:43:17 PM
It's the same quality as 3DS, meaning... not super great, but entirely passable. I use it before bed sometimes.
---
scott came. ugly face so killed him. 4// itchy. tasty.
#5hello_indigoPosted 8/29/2012 6:49:38 PM
I was watching at first on the 3DS screen for awhile and I thought it was okay if you stay a bit further from the screen. It's about the same as the original 3DS screen, except better since it's bigger meaning you can sit further away.

BUUUTT then I switched n watched the same show on my Vita and it made the 3DS screen look like ****.
The colors were atleast 5x more vibrant and you barely see any scanlines or pixelation due to the tiny pixels.

Not a Vita hyping message btw, just saying it like it is.
#6talesofzeldaPosted 8/29/2012 6:54:12 PM
hello_indigo posted...
I was watching at first on the 3DS screen for awhile and I thought it was okay if you stay a bit further from the screen. It's about the same as the original 3DS screen, except better since it's bigger meaning you can sit further away.

BUUUTT then I switched n watched the same show on my Vita and it made the 3DS screen look like ****.
The colors were atleast 5x more vibrant and you barely see any scanlines or pixelation due to the tiny pixels.

I agree about the Vita being better for Netflix. But that's all. The game selection is worse awful.
Not a 3DS hyping message,just saying it like it is.
---
Can't wait for the Wii U!
#7NnamzPosted 8/29/2012 9:14:29 PM
Kieff_Kalina posted...
Is the video resolution scaled to match the XL's screens or is it actually greater definition? At the very least, is the image quality the same as the 3DS?

It actually looks pretty decent. Colors are less washed out. Resolution is the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3JUt3ethOQ&feature=plcp

(3DS XL is the one on top)
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#8hello_indigoPosted 8/30/2012 1:34:38 PM
talesofzelda posted...
hello_indigo posted...

I agree about the Vita being better for Netflix. But that's all. The game selection is worse awful.
Not a 3DS hyping message,just saying it like it is.

Okay, atleast my post was on topic. Nobody is talking about the games here. Take your fanboyism somewhere else. Thanks.
#9ElectricMolePosted 8/30/2012 1:45:21 PM
low res
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!