3DS Capture Card

#51Lucario_PlayerPosted 9/17/2012 9:53:12 AM
Well, this is actually why when I started recording games like Kingdom Hearts through my camera, I didn't use the CPP just for this instance (which I will be doing a redux challenge for that game)

But the capture quality... it's so freaking awesome. It might not show up when recording but the game moves at basically the same time on the computer as it does on the 3DS.

The only thing is that since I was an early buyer, I didn't get the ground loop isolator (which I'm picking up today)

As for Katsukity, I'm not sure on the whole story but, I think they started working together a little at the end (because the backing that loopy sends on the 3DS was designed by her iirc) however, Katsukity's and Loopy's devices are completely different and use different software.

Her's is just able to capture the video, but I think I remember hearing someone say it doesn't actually record it. Loopy's not only is able to record with his software, but it's also got a screenshot feature in it as well. (However, Katsukity's was done first and she even was able to make a capture device work on an XL/LL as seen here http://blog-imgs-45.fc2.com/k/a/t/katsukity/20120818.jpg)

But I like Loopy's better only because of the extras it has in it lol (well, and it's cheaper and who can complain about that xD)
---
Uploading at www.youtube.com/user/LucarioPlayer14
I play all sorts of games from current to retro! (Even 3DS and other Portables!)
#52Mxylbobator(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 7:28:43 PM
Well, it seems he's done taking email orders for now, as he is heavily backed up. Surprised that the bid on eBay for another 3DS with the capture card installed is at $950 already.
---
I'm a super pro player. It's like I'm Metroid himself in the suit. ~GoukiAkujiki
#53tw1g_007Posted 9/17/2012 7:41:31 PM
Mxylbobator posted...
Well, it seems he's done taking email orders for now, as he is heavily backed up. Surprised that the bid on eBay for another 3DS with the capture card installed is at $950 already.

The 950 bucks probably got bought already as the listing is off ebay.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#54Lucario_PlayerPosted 9/18/2012 2:06:50 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
Mxylbobator posted...

The 950 bucks probably got bought already as the listing is off ebay.

Actually... it's really another one and it's up to $960 at this time with 1 day and 17 hours left as of this post.
---
Uploading at www.youtube.com/user/LucarioPlayer14
I play all sorts of games from current to retro! (Even 3DS and other Portables!)
#55lambchipsPosted 9/18/2012 2:35:13 AM
heres the tutorial for installing it yourself
http://3dscapture.com/install/
looks pretty straight forward
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#56SoeroahPosted 9/18/2012 3:21:52 AM
Hopefully this means some good quality recordings of the KH3D cutscenes will get uploaded soon. Maybe even a playthrough.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#57mtpfreakPosted 9/18/2012 3:33:03 AM
I would love to have such a device, but they're too expensive and the guy also will not do EU systems.
---
Clean Cut high score: 65 cuts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_Ty50Kais
#58Mxylbobator(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 6:03:46 AM(edited)
lambchips posted...
heres the tutorial for installing it yourself
http://3dscapture.com/install/
looks pretty straight forward

Until you mess up. He said it's very hard to install the 3DS board, and he wouldn't suggest you to do it by yourself.

I hope Loopy doesn't raise the price of the capture card just because a few crazy eBay people are willing to pay nearly $1k for it.
---
I'm a super pro player. It's like I'm Metroid himself in the suit. ~GoukiAkujiki
#59lambchipsPosted 9/18/2012 6:12:14 AM(edited)
Mxylbobator posted...
Until you mess up. He said it's very hard to install the 3DS board, and he wouldn't suggest you to do it by yourself.

tbh im more worried about using the solder iron to burn a hole through the plastic, than the actual soldering process
^ i've never used my soldering iron to do anything like that before

thanks to that extra unfamiliar step, im most likely going to ask him to do the job for me...

edit- it actually looks like i'll need another tool to cut the slot (maybe a hand drill or something which i dont have)
guess i'll be joining the queue

---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#60HakuPosted 9/18/2012 7:40:46 AM
I'd get one if I had any interest in capturing. Cool device though, glad they let you do a self install as well, really annoys me when devices don't offer a self install, like certain mods for blu-ray players, because they insist you can't do it yourself (even though they know nothing about you, or what equipment you have access to).