3DS Capture Card

#91L0ZPosted 9/30/2012 11:54:20 AM(edited)
checks ebay. sees picture of opened 3ds and some pcb installed.

hell no. also expensive as ****. $200 for the board and installation whether you want them to just ship it to you to do it yourself or not
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#92DeathSnipe777Posted 9/30/2012 12:01:16 PM
What exactly is a capture card, and what are the uses? Is it simply to be able to record video/take snapshots of your 3DS/DS games? And also to be able to display your 3DS/DS games on a computer?

Seems like it'd be nifty for those who like doing Let's Plays and other stuff involving game footage.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
PSN: Marlouchu
#93Lucario_PlayerPosted 9/30/2012 12:07:54 PM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
What exactly is a capture card, and what are the uses? Is it simply to be able to record video/take snapshots of your 3DS/DS games? And also to be able to display your 3DS/DS games on a computer?

Seems like it'd be nifty for those who like doing Let's Plays and other stuff involving game footage.

Yep, that's exactly what it's used for and it helps *a lot* compared to when I was recording games with a video camera... KI:U on 9.0 wasn't fun with that either and due to it being my first playthrough... lol... I quit for about a month due to chapter 18 too xD (my back hates me for playing games like that lol...)
---
Uploading games with my commentary at www.youtube.com/LucarioPlayer14
Also owner of a 3DS capture device (US 3DS games only)
#94DeathSnipe777Posted 9/30/2012 12:15:00 PM
Makes sense, I'd hate to have to keep a video camera in position while trying to go through 9.0 difficulty on KI:U. x___x

I'll probably never get one, though. Too expensive for my tastes and I'd have no real use for it like you do. I'd only want one to display 3DS games on a computer, but that would take away a part of the portability factor for me. I'd like to play my games on a bigger screen (eventually getting an XL) while also being able to take it where I want.

But it must be a godsend for you folks who like recording footage. :D
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
PSN: Marlouchu
#95Lucario_PlayerPosted 9/30/2012 12:42:27 PM
Yeah hahaha I actually streamed with it last night too, MK7 for a good 4 hours and then just very random stuff for another 4 hours, as always had a blast xD
---
Uploading games with my commentary at www.youtube.com/LucarioPlayer14
Also owner of a 3DS capture device (US 3DS games only)
#96E-25Posted 9/30/2012 1:13:25 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
Nickcool1996 posted...
Just realized this won't work with the CPP, so playing KH or KI:U might feel awkward to me.

Guess it's worth it for DS games and all other 3DS games.

Exactly. To me the only game worth recording is Monster Hunter footage and that REQUIRES CPP to be played effectively. This capture device while cool, gets an easy pass from me.

Actually, it just requires skill be be played effectively.
---
Where did you come from? Where do you go?
Where did you come from, demon-eyed Jho?
#97ShadowMario3Posted 9/30/2012 2:59:11 PM
L0Z posted...
hell no. also expensive as ****. $200 for the board and installation whether you want them to just ship it to you to do it yourself or not

The price is tame compared to the $2k-$3k capture card Nintendo gives to the big reviewers.

I uploaded a test video yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BbZAm6WqY8

Will start recording some Mario Kart DS this week, then Metroid Prime Hunters eventually.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3
#98RolanberryPosted 9/30/2012 3:11:10 PM
Hmmm....

I don't know. I don't really care about recording video and it looks like it could be kind of hard with this complicated set up.

I almost want to buy it just to have it in case I ever do.
#99triple_leiPosted 10/1/2012 12:22:33 AM
So when the ordering page goes up, do we have to reorder?

I just want to make my somewhat noncommittal-sounding order in my email a lot more committal (i.e. I'll purchase at the non-eBay prices ASAP). All this talk just made me want it more and more.

I'm aching to put together some AviSynth scripts and remaster my Ouendan multiscreen vids...
#100Mxylbobator(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 4:07:54 AM
Cool to know that the price will be going back to normal.
---
I'm a super pro player. It's like I'm Metroid himself in the suit. ~GoukiAkujiki