Cant get street passes anymore?

#1NettoSaitoPosted 9/5/2012 3:03:32 PM
Ok, so, I just kind of started to notice this "issue," and I was wondering if anyone had any idea what could be wrong.

Normally I don't bring my 3DS with me whenever I go somewhere; however last year, before Christmas, I decided to take it around and get some street passes. I got a few from the workers at GameStop, I got one from the display model at GameStop, and I also got one from the display model at Best Buy. Well, after going shopping again a week or so later (and getting more street passes from the same 3DSes), I then decided to head over to my friends house (who was finally home from college). So anyway, we were playing some old games on the SNES (just like old times) and that's when I decided to go ahead and see if we could street pass each other.

Well my friend got out his 3DS, I turned mine on, and.... Nothing. Nothing happened at all. We left our 3DSes on for quite awhile that day, and neither one of us got a street pass. So that was the last time I actually tried getting any street passes, up until last weekend.

Last weekend I went to the mall with my 3DS in sleep mode, I walked by two little kids playing New Super Mario Bros 2, I walked into GameStop (which had a display 3DS XL, as well as some guy walking around TRYING to get street passes just like myself), and I also walked around a few other stores with people with 3DSes as well. Really that was the first time I've actually seen so many 3DSes in a single day, and I knew I was going to have a LOT of street passes... Well I was wrong.

NOT A SINGLE ONE! I double checked all of my settings, and I found that every one of my games did in fact still have street pass turned on, and my 3DS even showed the "street pass" green wireless logo on the home screen. Still, why didn't I get any? Yeah, I did get a street pass from the one guy who was walking around with Mario Kart 7, but why didn't I get a street pass in my Mii Plaza? Also what about the Display 3DS? It had street pass enabled! And what about the workers? They were the same workers I would get street passes from earlier this year... It, just doesn't add up.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#2TediousMattPosted 9/5/2012 3:42:11 PM
Maybe streetpass was disabled on the display models (In parental controls)? I know my local stores decided to do that ages ago. Streetpass quest was so easy. T-T

And for the other people, maybe they didn't set up streetpass functions. The last half a dozen streetpasses I had gave me no puzzels/Miis because they didn't use the Plaza. I know because I received other game data.
#3NettoSaito(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 9:12:09 AM
Maybe, but that doesn't explain why I didn't get one from the other guy trying to get street passes, or my friend...
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#4PaladinAlikPosted 9/7/2012 9:19:21 AM
this may be a derp suggestion but make sure your wifi switch is on?