Why would anyone buy a game digitally from Nintendo?

#11NyyarkPosted 9/7/2012 2:37:02 PM
Actually the eShop, unlike the wii, is account based, but there is no user facing indication of that. A Nintendo Support rep can confirm it is account tied and that they can switch it for you should your 3DS fail, as they promised me.

I plan on owning digital should the account system revamp coming with the Wii U prove to be something I like.
#12so64Posted 9/7/2012 2:37:44 PM
Because some games have a nature that lends itself towards being better digitally than physical. Games like Animal Crossing, Brain Age, and arguably NSMB2 are the type of games that are fun in quick, short bursts. By having these games digitally, it frees up the game slot for longer, more story-oriented games.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com RIP Michael Clarke Duncan. 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#13Second_ChancesPosted 9/7/2012 2:47:51 PM
RoyMaster4 posted...
I hate the account system on the Sony consoles because I lose everything if I make a new account so I have a new username.

Who cares about a damn username? Unless it's something really really stupid like xXxMETAL_GEARxXx
#14PokeMasterPosted 9/7/2012 2:53:58 PM
shnoob2 posted...
There is no account system with which to store your downloads or to redownload content in the event of your system breaking, so why in the hell would anyone buy a game digitally from Nintendo?

Never lost/damaged any of my systems, never had to re-download any digital purchases, etc etc.

So I'm not too fussed about the current setup.
---
Gamefaqs, where being Japanese also makes you a weeaboo.
#15MetalLokiPosted 9/7/2012 3:02:50 PM
Second_Chances posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...
I hate the account system on the Sony consoles because I lose everything if I make a new account so I have a new username.

Who cares about a damn username? Unless it's something really really stupid like xXxMETAL_GEARxXx

ladiesman217.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
I would die if I lived with a Lamia, Harpy and Centaur.
#16hypermoePosted 9/7/2012 3:06:09 PM
I would say for now it wouldnt be wise, anything happens to your system now its basically going to be gone forever. this is why if anything ill wait till this account thing comes into play. i want to be able to download my games if something goes wrong with my system or something other problems.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#17Baha05Posted 9/7/2012 3:10:38 PM
Well TC unless you have some bad luck with having the system stolen or having it break down which both cases are rare, or just losing the thing though that's more stupidity then luck, there isn't a lot of fear to be had from dl games.
#18trenkenPosted 9/7/2012 3:19:16 PM
Very strange. I downloaded NSMB2, deleted, then downloaded for free. Uh huh, it remembered that I own it.

And game cases suck these days. Totally worthless.
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#19laxnd23Posted 9/7/2012 3:37:55 PM
trenken posted...
Very strange. I downloaded NSMB2, deleted, then downloaded for free. Uh huh, it remembered that I own it.

And game cases suck these days. Totally worthless.

Yeah but if the system memory gets screwed, you can't redownload it. That's what they are saying. And it's true, the eshop is only tied to systems, but honestly that doesnt bother me because I really never leave my 3DS in a place where it can get damaged or stolen, so the system based account will suffice until the rest of the Nintendo Network is released for the 3DS, which has been announced by Nintendo to be at or around the time the Wii U is released, which most speculate is this November or in the Winter months.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#20SS4kronos33Posted 9/7/2012 3:41:03 PM
for s***s and giggles
---
when doing business,follow these simple rules and you will be rich......http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/