Why would anyone buy a game digitally from Nintendo?

#21Nickcool1996Posted 9/7/2012 3:41:29 PM
Nyyark posted...
Actually the eShop, unlike the wii, is account based, but there is no user facing indication of that. A Nintendo Support rep can confirm it is account tied and that they can switch it for you should your 3DS fail, as they promised me.

I plan on owning digital should the account system revamp coming with the Wii U prove to be something I like.

And people are ignoring this post...why?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#22mmarksterPosted 9/7/2012 3:56:04 PM
MetalLoki posted...
Second_Chances posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...
I hate the account system on the Sony consoles because I lose everything if I make a new account so I have a new username.

Who cares about a damn username? Unless it's something really really stupid like xXxMETAL_GEARxXx

ladiesman217.

OctoG123
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name: mmarkster
As of June 28th, 2012, I predict the Wii U will release on November 18, 2012.
#23PokeMasterPosted 9/7/2012 4:01:07 PM
Nickcool1996 posted...
Nyyark posted...
Actually the eShop, unlike the wii, is account based, but there is no user facing indication of that. A Nintendo Support rep can confirm it is account tied and that they can switch it for you should your 3DS fail, as they promised me.

I plan on owning digital should the account system revamp coming with the Wii U prove to be something I like.

And people are ignoring this post...why?

Because (I think) that it's common knowledge that Nintendo can help you out with digital purchases if you somehow (and legitimately) lose them (and can prove it)
---
Gamefaqs, where being Japanese also makes you a weeaboo.
#24FefnirOmega13Posted 9/7/2012 4:01:44 PM
mmarkster posted...
MetalLoki posted...
Second_Chances posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...
I hate the account system on the Sony consoles because I lose everything if I make a new account so I have a new username.

Who cares about a damn username? Unless it's something really really stupid like xXxMETAL_GEARxXx

ladiesman217.

OctoG123

xXxNoScopez23xXx
---
Fan of Bullet Hell, Cave and Touhou mostly, and <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Castlevania: PoR, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Crash Bash
#25stargazer1981Posted 9/7/2012 4:19:27 PM
My Wii broke. Nintendo sent me a new one. I was able to re-download all my games.
---
A teaser for my zombie web series: Viva Humanity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEJwzHQ4hts
#26SMASHKING84Posted 9/7/2012 6:27:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27SSJ4CHRISPosted 9/7/2012 6:42:53 PM
RoyMaster4 posted...

Are you serious? The obvious thing would be to not make a new name. Or you know, make a secondary account. You can't even do that with Nintendo. And with Sony I can go to my friends house and use my account on their PS3 if I need too. So if you lose everything on PSN, then you did something stupid.

I hope you don't buy a lot of 3DS's, because you only get to transfer the system 5 times total. They aren't even planning to try to put Nintendo Network's various features on 3DS until after the Wii U launch, and Iwata already said that 3DS would not be account based. (See one of the various Nintendo Directs for this info.)
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#28Baha05Posted 9/7/2012 6:44:17 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
]and Iwata already said that 3DS would not be account based. (See one of the various Nintendo Directs for this info.)

Proof please
#29ShadowRaskolnikPosted 9/7/2012 6:47:44 PM
Baha05 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
]and Iwata already said that 3DS would not be account based. (See one of the various Nintendo Directs for this info.)

Proof please

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Iwara said that they were planning to introduce accounts sometime soon for the Wii U that can also be used with the 3DS.
#30BlueInfinityPosted 9/7/2012 6:49:13 PM
100 Coins was enough convincing for me.
---
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger