Why would anyone buy a game digitally from Nintendo?

#41Godstriker8Posted 9/7/2012 10:43:23 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
but at least you don't have to buy the same game again to play it on another system, like the NES games on 3DS.

Different f***ing emulator you can't port wii vc game to 3ds
1.wii vc can't support ANY gameboy games
2.no restore points
3.if nintendo emulated wii vc that means snes,n64,tg16,and sega genesis games woud have to go over as well and nintendo would HAVE to get premission to port ANY 3rd party games.

4.yes you do if you bought any retai only psp games pervided sony ever rerelease them on psn SINCE vita can only play DIGITAL psp game you have to rebuy them to play them on vita
5.If you bought ANY classic game chances are you payed twice to play the same game.
you have to BUY the digital versions of ps1 games to play them meaning if you bought the retail versions you payed twice.

Why should it matter if it's a different emulator? It's still the same game.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#42SMASHKING84Posted 9/7/2012 10:59:42 PM
apparently you don't understand how emulators work.
They CAN ONLY run games they already programed to run.
Unlike many emulators nintendo made an emulator that can play multiple systems' games.
(most emulators can only play a say ps1,n64,snes,whatever) they built the emulator from the ground up so it works on 3ds(a normal emulator would be automatically blocked out by 3ds)

I don't think you got what i said that any 3rd party games would have to be given persmission by the developers to for nintendo to sell them on a different platform(same reason only a couple ps1 classics are actually avialible for direct download on vita)
To play every wii vc game they have to build the 3ds emulator to play said games. and in the case of genesis and tg16 and neogeo licencing prevents them from doing that.

To play majora's mask they would have to emulate the expansion pack.
You think it's so easy to build an emulator that runs EVERY game they ever made,then please explain why sony hasn't either.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:2 NSMB 2 5 shiny stars:clear time 44:31
#43Baha05Posted 9/7/2012 11:01:07 PM
Godstriker8 posted...

Different programs react with different technology? They would have to have either made prior to the 3DS the same emulator or just tweak the Wii's VC to allow for dimple transfers to the 3DS.

However the 3DS uses a far superior emulator with the ability for save state and even for Sega GG customization options. Not to mention all the Wii's lineup would have to be updated and for some N64 games a new controller setup would need to be implemented via CPP
#44bp4ChristPosted 9/7/2012 11:05:39 PM
I too do not like digital copies of games, but that does not mean everyone who does prefer them is a C.H.U.D. Why does everyone think they are?
---
I have been told that "THERE IS NO HIGHLANDER 2!.", yet just today (9/6/12), I saw two version of it; a regular version and a renegade version.
#45Godstriker8Posted 9/7/2012 11:08:32 PM
Baha05 posted...
Godstriker8 posted...

Different programs react with different technology? They would have to have either made prior to the 3DS the same emulator or just tweak the Wii's VC to allow for dimple transfers to the 3DS.

However the 3DS uses a far superior emulator with the ability for save state and even for Sega GG customization options. Not to mention all the Wii's lineup would have to be updated and for some N64 games a new controller setup would need to be implemented via CPP

I'm not asking for the whole damn Wii Shop library here. But if I bought SMB on the Wii, I'm saying we should be allowed to have same game on the 3DS free of charge.

And am I wrong in assuming that the NES emulator on 3DS can take any NES rom and play it, with out adjustments needing to be made game to game?
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#46TheMisfit88Posted 9/7/2012 11:12:14 PM
Ive never lost a portable before but unlike most of the fanboys here id still like to have peace of mind knowing that if it ever did happen I could just buy a new console, sign in with my account and download my lost games again.
Too bad it doesnt work that way
---
Fiend for Life
#47SMASHKING84Posted 9/7/2012 11:16:50 PM
not if you already used up both of your shares. (they stay used until you deactiavte the system) and if i really your willing to rebuy a 250 system but not a 5 dollar game.
That makes no sense i would rather rebuy the game then the system it's self.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:2 NSMB 2 5 shiny stars:clear time 44:31
#48Baha05Posted 9/7/2012 11:19:43 PM
Godstriker8 posted...
I'm not asking for the whole damn Wii Shop library here. But if I bought SMB on the Wii, I'm saying we should be allowed to have same game on the 3DS free of charge.

And am I wrong in assuming that the NES emulator on 3DS can take any NES rom and play it, with out adjustments needing to be made game to game?

But just allowing NES is a stupid idea, they would have to allow it all. If you bought SMB you should be able to dl it for free when the chance arises, however at the same time you already bought it and as much as this is going to sound messed up, it doesn't have to be on all systems.

And again it's not the game but the emulator that would need adjustments because Wii's VC emulators don't have save states and assuming you never shut the system off or have the game in suspended mode that's yet another addition to the emulator as again the Wii doesn't have that option either.
#49wisemiddsPosted 9/7/2012 11:28:50 PM
People enjoy getting ripped off?!
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#50TeepotPosted 9/7/2012 11:42:24 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
nobody in there right mind is gonna buy 5 3dses...
just like i would go out and buy 5 psvs either.

Oh let's not forget in order to use the ps1 classic on my psp on my vita i had to:
1.download the game on ps3 even tough i never bought them on ps3 in the first place
2.transfer the game's save from psp to ps3
3.transfer the game and the save from ps3 to psv
way to make me waste BOTH of my shares,sony.
like nintendo or not you can directly download any digital game from eshop and directly transfer the games you bought on dsiware on 3ds to 3dsxl without ANY extra work.

Oh, come on! only 1 year into the 3DS's life and I already own 3 3DS systems......and I'm kind of sure I'm of sound mind......kind of.
---
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people in the world?