Why would anyone buy a game digitally from Nintendo?

#51Baha05Posted 9/7/2012 11:44:22 PM
wisemidds posted...
People enjoy getting ripped off?!

Except no one is getting ripped off.
#52SMASHKING84Posted 9/7/2012 11:51:28 PM
why the hell would you buy 3 3dses i could see buyng two if you to trade pokemon with our self or have a child/sibling you gave it to but 3 seems a little ridicolus
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:2 NSMB 2 5 shiny stars:clear time 44:31
#53TeepotPosted 9/7/2012 11:53:07 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
why the hell would you buy 3 3dses i could see buyng two if you to trade pokemon with our self or have a child/sibling you gave it to but 3 seems a little ridicolus

Well, let's see.....
I bought one at launch. That's 1. 7 or so months later i think they release a limited edition zelda 3ds that I find to be absolutely gorgeous......so yeah, I pick that up. That's 2. Later still, they announce the 3ds XL that I also pick up. that's 3. Make more sense now?
---
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people in the world?
#54Baha05Posted 9/7/2012 11:55:15 PM
Teepot posted...
Well, let's see.....
I bought one at launch. That's 1. 7 or so months later i think they release a limited edition zelda 3ds that I find to be absolutely gorgeous......so yeah, I pick that up. That's 2. Later still, they announce the 3ds XL that I also pick up. that's 3. Make more sense now?

Only from a collectors stand point.
#55wisemiddsPosted 9/10/2012 1:29:49 PM
Baha05 posted...
wisemidds posted...

You don't call paying more for a download that you can't do anything with once you've finished with it getting ripped off? How about no box, no manual? You will have to repurchase should anything happen to your 3DS (because Nintendo refuse to get with the times) What do you class as a rip off?
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#56123sora_roxas45Posted 9/10/2012 2:26:26 PM
wisemidds posted...
Baha05 posted...
wisemidds posted...

You don't call paying more for a download that you can't do anything with once you've finished with it getting ripped off? How about no box, no manual? You will have to repurchase should anything happen to your 3DS (because Nintendo refuse to get with the times) What do you class as a rip off?

Nyyark posted...
Actually the eShop, unlike the wii, is account based, but there is no user facing indication of that. A Nintendo Support rep can confirm it is account tied and that they can switch it for you should your 3DS fail, as they promised me.

I plan on owning digital should the account system revamp coming with the Wii U prove to be something I like.

The games have digital manuals, and oh wow , a box. So terrible. Anything happens to your 3DS, guess what? It can be gotten back. No repurchasing. Try harder.
---
"I liked the part where Pinkie dual wielded Pinkie Pies and murdered everyone and everything"-Inhuman
#57ReedeemerPosted 9/10/2012 2:30:51 PM
Instead of carrying around cartridges, have the retail games all downloaded on your 3DS. Thats-a why!
---
Z E T R O ::: C2: 1163-0063-7578
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#58SaitamakoPosted 9/10/2012 2:32:38 PM
I wish Nintendo would get off its lazy ass and start porting all the stuff from the Wii Virtual console to the 3DS. Yeah it will require them to re-emulate them but how hard is that for Nintendo to do? I don't know anything about programming but I'm guessing if you were given the codes source it would be really easy to make the changes required for a game to run on a 3DS...

The lack of all the GBA games is really disappointing. So many GBA titles I want to replay again. I could emulate them myself but it just isn't the same.

It's like Nintendo DOESN'T want free money. The same could be said for a lot of companies.

The game is already made...just emulate it over (Digital!!!) and make pure profit because its DIGITAL. GENIUS.

Whatever though.