How does Pokemon Soul Silver look on a 3DS?

#11RazieruPosted 9/19/2012 9:30:35 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
I have a normal 3DS model (not XL) and I want to get Pokemon Soul Silver.
The thing is I heard that Black and White looked very bad, grainy and faded if played on the 3ds and I noticed this one some of my own DS games when I played them on my 3DS.

Black and White ARE blurry as hell on the 3DS/XL. Stop convincing yourself otherwise. All DS games will have a blur.

But some DS games actually look really good on my 3DS.

No; just....no. There is a thing called a blur filter installed on both 3DS models to prevent terrible pixelation (according to Nintendo) in any non-3DS software. The fact that people still won't acknowledge it just proves that they are in Dreamland with Kirby still.

So I just wanted to know if any Pokemon SS owners out there could share how it looks on the 3DS.
If you have a video or pic too that would be greatly appreciated :)

Don't have a video; but Google will always be your friend. I can tell you, however, as stated above twice already, that SS and any other DS games will look blurry on a 3DS. It is unavoidable and impossible to ignore.
---
Fanboys, especially Nintendo fanboys, are what's horribly WRONG with the video game industry.
#12Argh4430Posted 9/19/2012 9:37:04 AM
Razieru posted...
AwesomeOSauce posted...
The thing is I heard that Black and White looked very bad, grainy and faded if played on the 3ds and I noticed this one some of my own DS games when I played them on my 3DS.

Black and White ARE blurry as hell on the 3DS/XL. Stop convincing yourself otherwise. All DS games will have a blur.

No; just....no. There is a thing called a blur filter installed on both 3DS models to prevent terrible pixelation (according to Nintendo) in any non-3DS software. The fact that people still won't acknowledge it just proves that they are in Dreamland with Kirby still.

So I just wanted to know if any Pokemon SS owners out there could share how it looks on the 3DS.

Don't have a video; but Google will always be your friend. I can tell you, however, as stated above twice already, that SS and any other DS games will look blurry on a 3DS. It is unavoidable and impossible to ignore.

Start+Select
#13RazieruPosted 9/19/2012 9:39:46 AM
Argh4430 posted...

Start+Select

Thanks Sherlock, but bandaging flaws isn't the point, nor was it ever a solution.
---
Fanboys, especially Nintendo fanboys, are what's horribly WRONG with the video game industry.
#14brStalkerPosted 9/19/2012 9:52:58 AM
Razieru posted...
AwesomeOSauce posted...

Like I said, nitpicky. In your case, just a hater.

Of course it will be blurry, because it is being upscaled to a resolution that's not a round multiple of the previous system. The question here is wether it prevents the game to be enjoyed, or even played, on the 3DS, which it doesn't, and some people saying that the blur filter actually makes it better is just an opinion, as is yours that it doesn't.

And if you think it's just Nintendo's claims that the blur filter is to prevent pixelation, well, I think the image speaks for itself:

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/840/ctds3dscomparison.png
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega