I weep for the the next generation of gamers...

#31KotenBuPosted 10/3/2012 7:39:44 AM
PhilBrooks_ posted...
It gets worse the older you get. I'm considered childish for being a gamer and bringing my 3DS. I don't care though... Those people are ignorant.

Maybe they just spend their time thinking about business projects and possible career specialization. But, you know, you're free to bring your 3DS to a CLASS, because that's its purpose, right?
It's not like the 3ds target market are kids, anyway.
#32PhilBrooks_Posted 10/3/2012 7:50:17 AM
KotenBu posted...
PhilBrooks_ posted...
It gets worse the older you get. I'm considered childish for being a gamer and bringing my 3DS. I don't care though... Those people are ignorant.

Maybe they just spend their time thinking about business projects and possible career specialization. But, you know, you're free to bring your 3DS to a CLASS, because that's its purpose, right?

Nah, these are coworkers who work in the food industry. Most of them won't go to school or anything for their future. They mostly spend time socializing, drinking, and partying.

Video games aren't that different from mainstream hobbies/interests such as sports, music, and film. People attack video games and gamers because they're still not popular and are associated with stereotypes. But I don't care. I don't look like a stereotypical gamer at all and everyone gets shocked when they find out how nerdy I am (I'm very open about it because I'm not ashamed).
---
http://i.imgur.com/C57Xo.gif
http://i.imgur.com/2XkQc.gif
#33KotenBuPosted 10/3/2012 8:00:38 AM
PhilBrooks_ posted...
KotenBu posted...
PhilBrooks_ posted...

Nah, these are coworkers who work in the food industry. Most of them won't go to school or anything for their future. They mostly spend time socializing, drinking, and partying.

Video games aren't that different from mainstream hobbies/interests such as sports, music, and film. People attack video games and gamers because they're still not popular and are associated with stereotypes. But I don't care. I don't look like a stereotypical gamer at all and everyone gets shocked when they find out how nerdy I am (I'm very open about it because I'm not ashamed).

Oh, okay. That's fine then, because I also don't fit on the gamer stereotype. I'm both a gamer and a university student, and I totally with the mocking someone receives when they bring something like a 3DS. It's a place to socialize, study and meet girls, not to shut down yourself.
#34fon1988Posted 10/3/2012 8:49:00 AM
@NorthernRose:

I am 23 and I feel exactly the same as you. I do enjoy playing some Halo online, and picking up a Resident Evil game is fun and all, but the "kiddie" games are the ones I like the most.

This Sunday I'm picking up Pokemon Black 2 and I am extremely excited about it. When I was in high school I was mocked for playing Pokemon at my age but I just didn't care. I loved it and always will.
#35OtherSuperPhilPosted 10/3/2012 9:39:12 AM
If only pikachupwnage would take his/her/its own advice and get out.
---
News, reviews, articles, editorials, interviews and more regarding all platforms: www.superphillipcentral.com
Twitter: SP_Central
#36ORANGE666Posted 10/3/2012 10:30:28 AM
marioparty17 posted...
I bring my 3ds to school, and everyone respect me for bring it besides my xbox COD/NBA games type of friends, maybe your hanging with the wrong type of people in your school, try bring a game like RE:R ,

Bring a gaming device to school and everyone respects you...? What kind of crazy school are they running? And TC is hanging out with a wrong type of people because they prefer different types of games? Pretty shallow of you.
#37iMURDAuPosted 10/3/2012 10:35:55 AM
Of course they say you'd be better off bringing a PSP or Vita but where is their portable system at? Still in bed with their dreams?

I bring my 3DS to work and a coworker said I should've got a Vita. So I asked what would I play on it? He had no answer. But he drooled over the RE demo. Go figure.
---
"Stupid beast! Your body can't take any more of the Monado! I can tell just by looking at you!"
-Xenoblade quote you don't wanna use in the bedroom-
#38iMURDAuPosted 10/3/2012 10:39:32 AM
Hold on wait a minute. TC said high school. Do those kids know they are... gasp... kids?

Ocarina came the fall after I graduated and I loved the game then. So did everyone else iirc.
---
"Stupid beast! Your body can't take any more of the Monado! I can tell just by looking at you!"
-Xenoblade quote you don't wanna use in the bedroom-
#39LightHawKnightPosted 10/3/2012 10:49:05 AM
Once you get past high school and the need to be mature, this wont happen much again. Only in high school do you see that kind of pointless behavior.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#40vectorman5Posted 10/3/2012 11:13:06 AM
You have an obligation to science to keep these kids from reproducing. Any blunt object will do. I doubt the school will let you use power tools.

Joking!...kind of
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.