How about a Super Metroid remake?

#31Desrtw0lfPosted 10/6/2012 7:19:26 PM
Absolutezero93 posted...
Desrtw0lf posted...
I'll take anything Metroid at this point. Except Other M 2. Unless they fixed everything about the plot and made the game harder.

Other M is garbage.

m i rite?

Yup. If they had fixed the plot and Samus' personality, it would be good. If they made the combat harder (I shouldn't be able to dodge away from literally everything by mashing a button, or be able to heal instantly. I should need pickups.) it might even be great.
---
-Desert Wolf
#32PsychoWolfXPosted 10/6/2012 7:38:34 PM
I'd rather just have a port.
#33Blaze627Posted 10/6/2012 7:44:36 PM
no

leave Super Metroid alone

Kinda have to agree with this. Love the game (Favorite game of all time, actually) but it's one of those games that don't need a remake at all. It's perfect as is.
---
"Samuel Jackson! Made painstakingly by me, Samuel Jackson! It'll get you drunk!"
#34Absolutezero93Posted 10/6/2012 9:11:23 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Other M wasn't bad, it wasn't terrible either

too much story is what killed the game, in my book. The gameplay was fine, apart from all the QTEs.

Prime series did it right; you were given a few lines of text at the start and then left to wander around discovering story on your own... if you so pleased.

Other M was all story all the time, and in addition there were too many characters other than Samus to care about, Adam sucks

I think it was a step back for the series in general, but no sense in condemning the series to an early grave

You're right, it's garbage.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#35badboyPosted 10/6/2012 11:33:25 PM
Remake? But both Super Metroid and Zero Mission have 16-bit era graphics.
#36COlimar788Posted 10/7/2012 12:08:51 AM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Other M wasn't bad, it wasn't terrible either

too much story is what killed the game, in my book. The gameplay was fine, apart from all the QTEs.

Prime series did it right; you were given a few lines of text at the start and then left to wander around discovering story on your own... if you so pleased.

Other M was all story all the time, and in addition there were too many characters other than Samus to care about, Adam sucks

I think it was a step back for the series in general, but no sense in condemning the series to an early grave

It wasn't an issue of too much story as it was that the story itself was awful and seemingly written by a twelve year old. Metroid as a franchise has always excelled at storytelling, both minimally and not-so, but being good at telling a story can't save you when the story itself is utterly awful.

Thankfully, it also gave us a simple way to keep Metroid on the right track: keep Sakamoto away from it forever, and move on thusly.
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#37hoonstaPosted 10/7/2012 12:12:09 AM(edited)
I'm craving for ANY Metroid-styled games. I'll take anything, seriously.

Note: I'm not asking for anyone to recommend me Cave Story.

"too much story is what killed the game, in my book."

Hahaha. Sorry, that sentence just read funny to me.
---
PC: C2D E8500 @ 4.2 ghz / OCZ 4 gb of RAM / EVGA GTS 450 1 gb
Laptop: i7 2670QM / 8 gb of RAM / Radeon HD 6990M 2 gb / Corsair Force 3 90 gb SSD
#38deimos91Posted 10/7/2012 12:51:42 PM
Absolutezero93 posted...
Nah, that game doesn't really need a remake. They should remake Metroid II instead. But I would prefer that they continue the story and make Metroid V. As long as they don't make M:OM2, I'm fine with whatever they give us.

Other M is garbage.

nope it wasn't decent yes bad no i take it you have never played a real bad game have you
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#39cadorPosted 10/7/2012 5:39:09 PM
A 3d classic would be cool. I never got to play this cause Genesis does what Nintendon't so yeah I would totally buy a remake or a 3d classicified version.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy