So why is Nintendo waiting to sell the eShop GBA games Ambassadors got?

#1Rocky2418Posted 10/6/2012 10:43:21 PM
I understand the reason for them getting the games for free - it was a very good idea. But I only waited to buy a 3DS because I wanted to get a red one - it wasn't because of the steep price (though of course the huge drop was incredibly helpful to me).

But why didn't they just make them available for purchase for us non-Ambassadors at the same time? I know they will eventually, but what exactly is anybody gaining from them withholding them for - so far - over a year? The games are obviously already set to go, so...what the deal? The only reason I can even imagine is that Nintendo wants to give the finger to people who didn't buy the 3DS at the initial higher price - even if it means that they, in turn, are waiting over a year to earn an extra buttload of money. Is there any acceptable explanation I don't know of? I'm frustrated, but also genuinely baffled, so if anyone knows anything...
---
"Why is it so hard? ... Why can't you just take me? ... I don't have much to go... before... I fade completely..." - Kelly Clarkson
#2elsmittyPosted 10/6/2012 10:57:55 PM
They said they wouldn't sell them.
---
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
#3Rocky2418(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 11:00:55 PM
Really? Why?
---
"Why is it so hard? ... Why can't you just take me? ... I don't have much to go... before... I fade completely..." - Kelly Clarkson
#4GreenSF49Posted 10/6/2012 11:01:38 PM
Nintendo got butthurt we didn't buy their console at its starting price.
---
Am a BEAST! [insert nike logo here]
#5psAlLsTarsbrPosted 10/6/2012 11:03:07 PM
GreenSF49 posted...

No.
---
Official Fat Drake of the SDF
PSN: psALlsTarsbr
#6yukitoPosted 10/6/2012 11:04:44 PM
elsmitty posted...
They said they wouldn't sell them.

They said they had "no plans."

Either way, it doesn't seem Nintendo really gets digital distribution. NOA especially.
---
Samantha Wright is my waifu.
-Yusketeers
#7Rocky2418(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 11:09:59 PM
Yeah, as much as Nintendo can infuriate me, I flat out can't imagine Nintendo would never make games like The Minish Cap available for purchase - we're talking core Nintendo franchise games. Permanently withholding them from their core consumers just won't happen.

Still, I'm baffled that they wouldn't hold out their hands to take our money as soon as they could. I'm also amazed they haven't done GBC games like the Zelda Oracle games yet. But with the GBA games, we know they're already ready. It's pretty ridiculous.
---
#8GreenSF49Posted 10/6/2012 11:13:49 PM
psAlLsTarsbr posted...
GreenSF49 posted...

No.

Yeh.
---
#9iusefebrezePosted 10/6/2012 11:15:28 PM
GreenSF49 posted...
psAlLsTarsbr posted...
GreenSF49 posted...

No.

Yeh.

most definitely.
---
The average anime character has 47 gallons of blood.
#10GreenSF49Posted 10/6/2012 11:17:23 PM
Rocky2418 posted...
Yeah, as much as Nintendo can infuriate me, I flat out can't imagine Nintendo would never make games like The Minish Cap available for purchase - we're talking core Nintendo franchise games. Permanently withholding them from their core consumers just won't happen.

Still, I'm baffled that they wouldn't hold out their hands to take our money as soon as they could. I'm also amazed they haven't done GBC games like the Zelda Oracle games yet. But with the GBA games, we know they're already ready. It's pretty ridiculous.

I like how you use words like infuriate, withhold, baffled, and already ready.
---