Oh GameStop... (BlogFAQs)

#21MyEvilTwin7Posted 10/7/2012 1:12:02 PM
Yeah, if I worked at a store and someone wanted to buy something I would never say "Why? It sucks!". Not because it's more business but simply because it's rude.

If I was asked my opinion on it then I'd tell them what I thought though.
---
Do not go here : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/233-star-trek?action=addfav
#22FinalFlash83Posted 10/7/2012 1:44:50 PM
Meh, better than my experience yesterday. Called up to ask if they were doing a midnight release for Pokémon BW2. They told me that they don't do those for games aimed at kids. So I cashed out my rewards points for a Google Play card and bought Pokémon at Walmart. F*** GameStop.
---
beLIEve
#23MyEvilTwin7Posted 10/7/2012 2:09:09 PM
FinalFlash83 posted...
Meh, better than my experience yesterday. Called up to ask if they were doing a midnight release for Pokémon BW2. They told me that they don't do those for games aimed at kids. So I cashed out my rewards points for a Google Play card and bought Pokémon at Walmart. F*** GameStop.

They would have a point there. I'm guessing a sizable amount of Pokemon's fanbase is older than the target audience though.
---
Do not go here : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/233-star-trek?action=addfav
#24metalXgearPosted 10/7/2012 10:58:24 PM
The people that are employed at at Gamestop just work there, they know nothing about video games 99% of the time. So you should just go in there and get what you came in there for, knowing that you are the 1% and they aren't and they can't help you with any thing.
---
Wii Console: 0917 6760 4711 4172
Wii nick name: Luis
#25n00bsaib0tPosted 10/7/2012 11:14:33 PM
You need to tell his boss how he treated you. Then you may never have to deal with him again.
His job is to sell you what you want to buy. Not tell you your an idiot for having an opinion different from his. Very bad sale strategy telling people that the're wrong about something.

Maybe TC can elaborate, but reading his posts he said nothing about the guy being rude or calling him an idiot, just advising him against buying a Vita to the point that he just took his money elsewhere. I would say it was good of him to advise him of the status of the system, but bad to keep pressing the issue. You shouldn't just sell someone something because they want it if you KNOW its doing badly.

If someone insists that there is a mario bros game for the xbox 360, a clerk should just, try looking it up and then say, "i'm sorry we don't have that avalible at this store, but we do have versions avalible on ds, 3ds, and wii, and soon wii u.", Or something polite. Don't let them leave the store feeling stupid.

No. "The customer is always right" is a god damn lie, anyone who has worked retail can tell you that. I wouldn't waste my time looking it up, I WOULD tell them what systems its available for, but looking it up is a waste of time. If they wanted one for a system its available for I would look THAT up for them though. Then I would then move on to the next customer.

And of course your right to play stuff you like on any system you like. I've got vista, 3ds, wii, ps3, soon wii u. I don't have an xbox 360 though. But no one is wrong for having one, even if I don't presonaly like xbox 360.

Now that I agree with. Proud owner of a console from damn near every company here.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
Fighting Game Mains - SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | MvC3: C.Viper/Magneto/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero
#26shampoowarriorPosted 10/7/2012 11:16:17 PM
To everyone talking about how bad the employee was, have a reality check. The retail employee has no reason to care about making sales for the company unless they are paid on commission. Let's not anyone kid ourselves that Gamestop clerks have any incentive to sell Vitas or any incentive to do anything for the company beyond the bare minimum necessary to keep their s**** jobs. There is no work ethic or pride in jobs like these, just exploitation.

That said, the clerk was probably a bit of a fanboy. There's really no reason to actively talk a customer out of a sale.

Rule of thumb: no one cares about your opinion unless they ask you. Even then, they're likely only asking to see if your opinion confirms with theirs.
---
To a kid lookin' up to me, life ain't nothin' but pixels and money.
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#27OoSubaruoOPosted 10/7/2012 11:19:19 PM
Her_Paladin posted...
He looks at me and asks if I'm serious and why would I like Vita. And continues to ramble about how it's flopping.

He was just trying to save you some money. $250 is a lot to spend on a dust collector...

Seeing how the Vita will have some games from October - November, I'd hardly say it's a dust collector.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4cDULqYhkY
#28_Izanagi_Posted 10/8/2012 12:11:11 AM
It's a bit surprising to still see the scared Nintendo fanboys around here. The Vita has everything over the 3DS. Graphics, advanced technology, uses besides gaming. The only thing lagging are 3rd party games. Once it gets that, Nintendo fanboys are gonna zip their lip and hide under a rock.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#29hoonstaPosted 10/8/2012 1:01:48 AM(edited)
Who cares if "Vita is a dust collector", he didn't ask the manager for his opinion.

_Izanagi_ posted...
Once it gets that, Nintendo fanboys are gonna zip their lip and hide under a rock.

Just like the PSP? I'm just saying, I love my PSP and its gems but Sony's lackluster start with Vita which still hasn't put a single scratch on the 3DS sales isn't very reassuring.
---
PC: C2D E8500 @ 4.2 ghz / OCZ 4 gb of RAM / EVGA GTS 450 1 gb
Laptop: i7 2670QM / 8 gb of RAM / Radeon HD 6990M 2 gb / Corsair Force 3 90 gb SSD
#30psAlLsTarsbrPosted 10/8/2012 1:17:50 AM
_Izanagi_ posted...
It's a bit surprising to still see the scared Nintendo fanboys around here. The Vita has everything over the 3DS. Graphics, advanced technology, uses besides gaming. The only thing lagging are 3rd party games. Once it gets that, Nintendo fanboys are gonna zip their lip and hide under a rock.

You sound really butthurt by this.Calm down, sonyboy, no one wants to start a console war.
---
Official Fat Drake of the SDF
PSN: psALlsTarsbr