so how is pokemon black/white 2?

#31XImperialDragonPosted 10/7/2012 5:43:17 PM(edited)
Imagine eating your favourite food, every day, every meal, for 1 year in a row. See if after that 1 year, you still want to eat any more of it for the remainder of your life.

Not exactly the greatest euphemism, here. I'm a vegan who eats broccoli and other organic foods for every meal almost every single day, and have done so for the last 2 years. I've had steamed vegetables for lunch at work for over a year now. There's actually a lot you can do with a single dish.

Not trying to discount anything you've said thus far... just wanting to drive by and say that this allegory isn't exactly the greatest one you could have used. I'm sure if you put your mind to it, you can come up with an even greater allegory next time.

I will now await my arbitrary and aggressive comeback from someone, personally attacking me for no reason even though I said nothing to disagree with any point you, or anyone else, has made.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#32iGenesisPosted 10/7/2012 5:45:54 PM
And then there is the other piece, which is Game Freak deliberately being lazy and scamming customers with their dual versions and director's cut versions, with their planned obsolescence, with their single save files, with their constant DLC/locked game content (that's moving towards paid DLC with crap like Dream Radar)

And it frustrates me that the fans go OM NOM NOM NOM NOM and eat it up instead of boycotting Game Freak for one generation and seeing what happens. Just give Game Freak one generation of pathetic sales and maybe we'll get that full 3D Pokemon game. Or the MMO that fans have always wanted for the past decade. But what's left of the existing fanbase continues to slobber it up, and the series continues evolving at a snail's pace, ruining it for everyone else.
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List_2012.gif
#33EvilSock1990Posted 10/7/2012 5:47:18 PM
iGenesis posted...
And then there is the other piece, which is Game Freak deliberately being lazy and scamming customers with their dual versions and director's cut versions, with their planned obsolescence, with their single save files, with their constant DLC/locked game content (that's moving towards paid DLC with crap like Dream Radar)

And it frustrates me that the fans go OM NOM NOM NOM NOM and eat it up instead of boycotting Game Freak for one generation and seeing what happens. Just give Game Freak one generation of pathetic sales and maybe we'll get that full 3D Pokemon game. Or the MMO that fans have always wanted for the past decade. But what's left of the existing fanbase continues to slobber it up, and the series continues evolving at a snail's pace, ruining it for everyone else.

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw
---
Brought to you by PlayStation Vita Cinema snack Fun Land - Gotta breed 'em all.
I'm kinda sticky from the charmander thing. -Socky
#34pikachupwnagePosted 10/7/2012 5:50:40 PM
iGenesis posted...
MageofBlood391 posted...
Razieru posted...
I'm just one of the few thinkers in the world who refuse to lower his standards and be one of the many blind and clueless fanboys that only know how to blindly defend anything without applying a hint of objectiveness and sense to what they die hard over and say.

Not really. All you're doing is saying that the games haven't really changed much and, more laughably, that changes that have been made should have been made sooner and are thus unimportant. Objectivity is a great standpoint to take, but is one that is less meaningful when talking about video games.

All that should matter when it comes to a game is the amount of fun that can be had with it, and I assure you that how similar one game is to another has very little impact on the amount of fun that can be had. If you're looking for new experiences, you've come to the wrong hobby. If you're looking for fun, then hating on a game for being similar to another is irrelevant.

More over, the very point of a sequel is to play more of the same that you had before. Going to an established series which you've already played in search of an entirely new game is, well, objectively dumb.

Yes it is. For me, I started with Red/Blue in 1998. 12 years later, when Pokemon Platinum still offered the same gameplay experience, I knew it was time to give up on the series. Why the f*** would I want to play through 20 iterations of the exact same regurgitated crap? It doesn't matter HOW good that formula is. Everything eventually gets stale and tired, and takes away from the fun factor.

Imagine eating your favourite food, every day, every meal, for 1 year in a row. See if after that 1 year, you still want to eat any more of it for the remainder of your life.

Bad comparison. We get a new pokemon about every 1.5 years. Also Pokemon has evolved alot more then those scrambled eggs on your plate have.
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#35Phantom_NookPosted 10/7/2012 6:02:50 PM
guys

stahp
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#36CrabhammarPosted 10/7/2012 6:06:45 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
Achievements(medals)
Memory link
Challenge/assist mode
Trainer sprites are animated
Pokemon world tournament
Asks if you want to use a repel when your old one runs out
Brings old pokemon back and has the largest regional dex
Cinematic cutscenes
Habitat list
Hidden grottoes
Pokestar studios
etc.

This does quite a bit new. People need to look deeper before saying its a rehash third version.

Feel free to add what I missed.
---

HO. LY. ****. I'm seriously considering ordering it right now.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#37Final Fantasy2389Posted 10/7/2012 6:06:58 PM
Lol some people in here think highly of themselves.
---
WWE Diva and SES season 1 winner. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/MMcHX9 | http://bit.ly/KXA8Rg | http://bit.ly/RQBee0
#38Lord_VishanaPosted 10/7/2012 6:13:44 PM
I haven't played a "main" series Pokemon game since Diamond. I've been considering buying B/W, still a little hesitant however.
---
Official Wood Elf Druid of the NDF and KDF http://i42.tinypic.com/xnewya.gif
http://i.imgur.com/CHUHi.jpg R.I.P. Michael Clarke Duncan
#39iGenesisPosted 10/7/2012 6:15:17 PM
Crabhammar posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
Achievements(medals)
Memory link
Challenge/assist mode
Trainer sprites are animated
Pokemon world tournament
Asks if you want to use a repel when your old one runs out
Brings old pokemon back and has the largest regional dex
Cinematic cutscenes
Habitat list
Hidden grottoes
Pokestar studios
etc.

This does quite a bit new. People need to look deeper before saying its a rehash third version.

Feel free to add what I missed.
---

HO. LY. ****. I'm seriously considering ordering it right now.

HO. LY. ****. Rabid Pokemon fanboys are easy to please.
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List_2012.gif
#40RazieruPosted 10/7/2012 6:16:41 PM
Final Fantasy2389 posted...
Lol some people in here think highly of themselves.

Yeah; just look at them go. It's the usual fanboy roid rage, with dear Pika leading the fray with their blind fanboy rambling. I'm not moved or impressed one bit by the way.
---
Fanboys, especially Nintendo fanboys, are what's horribly WRONG with the video game industry.