Bowser's Inside Story?

#1Magikoopa21Posted 10/7/2012 4:56:01 PM
Can anyone tell me if the combat in Bowser's Inside Story requires pushing buttons at a certain time for more damage? I didn't like that system in PM: TTYD or M&L:SS, because I'm not great with timing things right and prefer traditional turn-based combat. So can anyone tell me if it's timed or difficult? Thanks!
---
Favorite Games of All Time: Kingdom Hearts 2, FFX, Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns, AC:WW, Jak3, Uncharted 3, all Pokemon, Halo 2, Melee, Sonic A2B
#2princemarth23Posted 10/7/2012 4:58:01 PM
If you didn't like the battle system in those games it's safe to say you wouldnt like the combat in BiS.
#3kuragari1anonlyPosted 10/7/2012 5:03:11 PM(edited)
I HAVE CHORTLES!
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
I call noodles, "long ass rice."
#4Hejiru206Posted 10/7/2012 5:17:59 PM
Magikoopa21 posted...
Can anyone tell me if the combat in Bowser's Inside Story requires pushing buttons at a certain time for more damage? I didn't like that system in PM: TTYD or M&L:SS, because I'm not great with timing things right and prefer traditional turn-based combat. So can anyone tell me if it's timed or difficult? Thanks!

Yeah, it's in there. It's in pretty much every Mario RPG. It's not required, but it does add extra damage.
But the battles are very similar to those in Superstar Saga and Partners in Time
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#5Darth_KamcioPosted 10/7/2012 10:26:10 PM
Not only you need to push buttons at the right time to deal extra damage, you also need to push them to avoid damage! And Mario and Luigi aren't exactly tanks, so if you don't figure it out, you're gonna have a bad time.
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
#6sumostickfigurePosted 10/7/2012 10:59:54 PM
As Hejiru said, every Mario RPG makes use of that timed-button-pushing to increase damage. The only advice I can give you is to try to endure it until you get the timing down or give up on Mario RPGs.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#7n00bsaib0tPosted 10/7/2012 11:05:06 PM
Rather than make a new topic, I'll ask here...

I FINALLY (after so many years) sat down and finished SM RPG on SNES (before last week I had never played past Yardovich or however you spell it, after you fight the shark).

I have also never played the Paper Mario games or the M&L GBA games, BIS, etc. Are these chronological? As in, where should I start next if they have a consecutive story to follow? Do I need to play the Paper Mario games before the M&L games, or does it not matter? Its obvious that you start with the first Paper Mario before playing the others, and the first M&L before playing the others, but I'm not sure if I should play one series before the other. I've heard nothing but good things about both of them so now I want to try them out.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
Fighting Game Mains - SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | MvC3: C.Viper/Magneto/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero
#8jumper1234Posted 10/7/2012 11:21:06 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Rather than make a new topic, I'll ask here...

I FINALLY (after so many years) sat down and finished SM RPG on SNES (before last week I had never played past Yardovich or however you spell it, after you fight the shark).

I have also never played the Paper Mario games or the M&L GBA games, BIS, etc. Are these chronological? As in, where should I start next if they have a consecutive story to follow? Do I need to play the Paper Mario games before the M&L games, or does it not matter? Its obvious that you start with the first Paper Mario before playing the others, and the first M&L before playing the others, but I'm not sure if I should play one series before the other. I've heard nothing but good things about both of them so now I want to try them out.

I would say start with Paper Mario, then PM:TTYD, then Mario & Luigi series then when you are done with those pick up Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door and Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga are my favorites of them all. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is up there.
---
Waiting for: Retro City Rampage (XBLA)
#9n00bsaib0tPosted 10/7/2012 11:24:11 PM
^Cool, thanks.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
Fighting Game Mains - SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | MvC3: C.Viper/Magneto/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero
#10Hejiru206Posted 10/8/2012 4:59:51 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

You can start anywhere. There isn't really a consecutive story between games. Actually I don't any of the RPG games have a connection to any of the others except in minor ways like cameos. You can play them in any order. You don't even have to play the first Paper Mario first, or the first Mario & Luigi first.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy