Pre-owned gaming market in peril?

#11lunchEATSyouPosted 10/8/2012 9:37:25 AM
wait. I was supposed to enter that url on the gamefaqs search function or something? anyways...

First of all this is not the "gubmint" at work, this was a big company being greedy and angry that their shady business practices were circumvented (legally) by that guy from Thailand.

Here is my concern: this case is now in the hand of America's conservative dominated and big-business friendly Supreme Court ( spearheaded by that facist Antonin Scalia ) This is the the same Supreme Court that has ruled that "corporations are people" when it comes to political contributions. Gods be damned.... theses over zealous conservatives are going to doom America yet.
#12TinyTim123Posted 10/8/2012 10:41:46 AM
What the f?

I get the concept behind it... it seems as though it's to protect the American Market, but surely there are FAR better ways to go about this...
Not to mention the fact that lamost EVERYTHING has at least components manufactured in places other than USA. Looking around my room right now it appears as though I might be allowed to sell my boots, and this old bandana from 1995 and... yeah that's about it. I support American made but wholly moley, ridiculousness knows no bounds!
And while I myself don't care to sell my games I know people who, without the ability to sell off their old games, would never be able to play new games. Therefore I have played far fewer games, but have a much larger collection at any one time (which works great, because I haven't the time to play everything anyway).
I guess the used car market would only have American made cars, then. Just... the implications! The sheer madness!
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#13JP_Sartre(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:08:29 AM
The more disturbing question -

When does ANYTHING you purchase with YOUR money become YOUR. personal property, to dispose of as you wish?

Corporations now have the right to dictate what you do with your personal property?
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG