The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

3DS guys... I'm thinking about selling my Vita for a 3DS. I need some advice.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS guys... I'm thinking about selling my Vita for a 3DS. I need some advice.
3 years ago#1
Non-biast advise, please.

I have a possible buyer on Craigslist for my Vita and 4gig Mem Card... $180.

The Vita itself is a fantastic system which I honestly like better than the 3DS. However, at the moment, it has few games. It will be getting a handful or so that are worth playing within the next 6 or 7 months, however, Vita sales are lower than expected, and developers may, to a certain extent, abandon the system.

3DS, while not quite as powerful, seems much more popular, thus possibly attracting more developers to it. It already has a pretty awesome selection of games.

I really can't decide. I know there is the possibility that some AWESOME Vita game could come out a year or two along the line, but the 3DS has a higher chance of more good games coming out.

Whut should I do, Gamefaqs?
Waiting for:RagOd, AC3L, P4G, BO2, FF14
SoulSac, PSABR
3 years ago#2
Don't do it. Save up for a 3DS. You'll regret it later.
Playing: Ys Seven - Second playthrough (Nightmare), KH: BbS | | Vita fund - $6.20 :(
3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948 | PSN: Sazaiel
3 years ago#3
Well, considering the fact that a Vita price drop will likely happen early next year, selling it for $180 with the memory card isn't that bad.

But I'd still hang onto it.

Maybe ask for a 3DS XL for Christmas?
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
3 years ago#4
if i where you, i would give the vita a second chance, so wait 2 month's or someting like that.

i have a 3dsXL but my bro will buy a vita sometimes so i wont complain.
rumors about bleach getting cancelled,hope its just a rumor.
3 years ago#5
Honestly, if you're not playing your Vita then you SHOULD sell it to someone who actually does.

Software wise with the 3ds, honestly you don't have to worry.I can list tons of upcoming 3ds games, some of them are bound to catch your interest.

Not being a fanboy, just being reasonable.Anyway, it's all about the games.
Official Fat Drake of the SDF
PSN: psALlsTarsbr
3 years ago#6

I own both.
Look at what's coming!

Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation
Persona 4 Golden
Sly 4: Thieves in Time
Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
Ragnarok Odyssey
Jet Set Radio

And then thwew will be
Killzone Mercenaries
Soul Sacrifice

Keep it. Buy a 3DS XL too but don't trade in your Vita. Games are coming bro'.
(PS3, Vita) PSN: fullmy4gbnow
(3DS XL) FC: 2750-2386-3070
3 years ago#7
I'd sell it just because the price drop is already announced for next year. So when some good games come around you can buy it again.

If you don't think you'll have the money to buy it again, then only sell it if you really don't have anything to play and there are quite a few 3DS games you want.
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
IGN: CodenameFox
3 years ago#8
do you have a ds? if you did then its best to hold onto the vita and save for the 3ds
if you dont have a ds, then sell it and get a 3ds so you can catch up on all the games

the vita is also getting a price drop next year, so if you're gonna sell it do it soon
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
3 years ago#9
Ame_no_Murakumo posted...
Don't do it. Save up for a 3DS. You'll regret it later.

^Agree with this.
3 years ago#10
These guys are giving really great advice. I sold mine for $180 and I DON'T regret it but that's because I just don't have the time for all the games I want to play anymore so rather than have expensive tech collect dust I cashed it in. If my schedule frees up I'd gladly rebuy the Vita but I don't see that happening.
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. 3DS guys... I'm thinking about selling my Vita for a 3DS. I need some advice.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived