The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

3DS guys... I'm thinking about selling my Vita for a 3DS. I need some advice.

#1pdizzles125Posted 10/8/2012 5:15:21 AM
Non-biast advise, please.

I have a possible buyer on Craigslist for my Vita and 4gig Mem Card... $180.

The Vita itself is a fantastic system which I honestly like better than the 3DS. However, at the moment, it has few games. It will be getting a handful or so that are worth playing within the next 6 or 7 months, however, Vita sales are lower than expected, and developers may, to a certain extent, abandon the system.

3DS, while not quite as powerful, seems much more popular, thus possibly attracting more developers to it. It already has a pretty awesome selection of games.

I really can't decide. I know there is the possibility that some AWESOME Vita game could come out a year or two along the line, but the 3DS has a higher chance of more good games coming out.

Whut should I do, Gamefaqs?
---
Waiting for:RagOd, AC3L, P4G, BO2, FF14
SoulSac, PSABR
#2Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 10/8/2012 5:18:34 AM
Don't do it. Save up for a 3DS. You'll regret it later.
---
Playing: Ys Seven - Second playthrough (Nightmare), KH: BbS | http://backloggery.com/Saziel | Vita fund - $6.20 :(
3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948 | PSN: Sazaiel
#3stargazer64Posted 10/8/2012 5:19:42 AM
Well, considering the fact that a Vita price drop will likely happen early next year, selling it for $180 with the memory card isn't that bad.

But I'd still hang onto it.

Maybe ask for a 3DS XL for Christmas?
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#4masa8munePosted 10/8/2012 5:23:43 AM
if i where you, i would give the vita a second chance, so wait 2 month's or someting like that.

i have a 3dsXL but my bro will buy a vita sometimes so i wont complain.
---
rumors about bleach getting cancelled,hope its just a rumor.
#5psAlLsTarsbrPosted 10/8/2012 5:29:44 AM
Honestly, if you're not playing your Vita then you SHOULD sell it to someone who actually does.

Software wise with the 3ds, honestly you don't have to worry.I can list tons of upcoming 3ds games, some of them are bound to catch your interest.

Not being a fanboy, just being reasonable.Anyway, it's all about the games.
---
Official Fat Drake of the SDF
PSN: psALlsTarsbr
#6gamer4leverPosted 10/8/2012 5:30:12 AM
DONT DO IT!

I own both.
Look at what's coming!

Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation
Persona 4 Golden
Sly 4: Thieves in Time
Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
Ragnarok Odyssey
Jet Set Radio

And then thwew will be
Killzone Mercenaries
Soul Sacrifice
etc...

Keep it. Buy a 3DS XL too but don't trade in your Vita. Games are coming bro'.
---
(PS3, Vita) PSN: fullmy4gbnow
(3DS XL) FC: 2750-2386-3070
#7T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 10/8/2012 5:36:27 AM(edited)
I'd sell it just because the price drop is already announced for next year. So when some good games come around you can buy it again.

If you don't think you'll have the money to buy it again, then only sell it if you really don't have anything to play and there are quite a few 3DS games you want.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
IGN: CodenameFox
#8lambchipsPosted 10/8/2012 5:44:22 AM
do you have a ds? if you did then its best to hold onto the vita and save for the 3ds
if you dont have a ds, then sell it and get a 3ds so you can catch up on all the games

the vita is also getting a price drop next year, so if you're gonna sell it do it soon
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#9Nickcool1996Posted 10/8/2012 5:46:19 AM
Ame_no_Murakumo posted...
Don't do it. Save up for a 3DS. You'll regret it later.

^Agree with this.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#10PyjamaHeroPosted 10/8/2012 5:47:55 AM
These guys are giving really great advice. I sold mine for $180 and I DON'T regret it but that's because I just don't have the time for all the games I want to play anymore so rather than have expensive tech collect dust I cashed it in. If my schedule frees up I'd gladly rebuy the Vita but I don't see that happening.
---
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.