C/D: PETA should make the next Pokemon game.

#1ArronAubinPosted 10/8/2012 4:03:01 PM
That animation was way better than anything I've seen from recent Pokemon titles. Time to step up your game GF/Nintendo...
#2CrimsonRoyalPosted 10/8/2012 4:04:35 PM
I second this.
---
Always expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed.
#3RolanberryPosted 10/8/2012 4:10:32 PM
ArronAubin posted...
That animation was way better than anything I've seen from recent Pokemon titles. Time to step up your game GF/Nintendo...

So...from that statement I can tell you haven't played any of the recent pokemon titles...looks like you don't do your research just like PETA.
#4SalsaSavantPosted 10/8/2012 4:15:02 PM
They looked so good because they only had about 5 enemies to attack,

Programming 400+ Animations of Pikachu hugging Pokemon wouldn't be worth it, but it's easy when there's only 5 enemies to hug.
---
This is a sig.
People who agree: 8. People who Disagree:3
#5ArronAubin(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 4:34:01 PM
SalsaSavant posted...

Programming 400+ Animations of Pikachu hugging Pokemon wouldn't be worth it, but it's easy when there's only 5 enemies to hug.

They also put it together in only 2-3 weeks. Whereas It's been HOW LONG since Pokemon got started and we still get these static pokemon with the occasional movement?

Pokemon is the same thing every year, no better than CoD.
#6Enigma149Posted 10/8/2012 4:45:22 PM
ArronAubin posted...
SalsaSavant posted...

They also put it together in only 2-3 weeks. Whereas It's been HOW LONG since Pokemon got started and we still get these static pokemon with the occasional movement?

I don't think you understand how much effort is required for what was done in Black & White.

Let's say each Pokemon has 10 frames of animation. There're about 680 different pokemon once form differences, etc. are takein into account, and pallet swaps (*cough*burmy*cough*) are removed.

That means the programmers had to create 6,800 different sprites. Double that number once you take into account back sprites, and you have 13,600. Add in trainers, and items, and moves, and abilities, and status ailments, and weather effects, and the overworld, and you've got a lot of work to do on the graphics alone. Next, you have to write the music, create the story, and develop the gameplay mechanics. Oh, and you must somehow fit it all into 512 MB of space.

Then, they have to translate the entire game into eight different languages.

I'm not saying they shouldn't put more effort into it, and they certainly should, I'm just saying they put more in than most people give them credit for.
---
PSN:CrimsonEnigma; 3DS:4897-5935-1924
I don't spend much time online, so don't be offended or surprised if I don't respond to a friend request or something.
#7DiligentTreePosted 10/8/2012 4:49:42 PM
ArronAubin posted...
SalsaSavant posted...

What the heck are you on about? Do you know nothing about this?

Such an ignorant child.
---
This user is not offered for sale under any circumstances. No exceptions.
#8NarutoPosted 10/8/2012 4:56:30 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Let's say each Pokemon has 10 frames of animation. There're about 680 different pokemon once form differences, etc. are takein into account, and pallet swaps (*cough*burmy*cough*) are removed.

You make it sound as if the developers actually draw every single individual sprite by hand. This isn't the Golden Age of Disney. These sprites are tiny little things. You also make it sound as if the people responsible for the sprites are also doing the music and translation. There are teams of people working on this stuff.
#9RolanberryPosted 10/8/2012 5:00:50 PM
Enigma149 posted...
ArronAubin posted...
SalsaSavant posted...

Pokemon animation.

Lets also not forget the mini version of pokemon that appear in the box or how they appear in the over world, this nearly quadruples the amount of sprites made. Also the shiny version of every pokemon, even if its a color swap has its own independent sprite.

Every pokemon now also has a sleep animation, this is a whole lot more work that is pretty cool, but arguably unnecessary for how much work it is.

The sheer volume of work that goes into a new pokemon game is quit honestly astounding.
#10EndgamePosted 10/8/2012 5:28:35 PM
but arguably unnecessary for how much work it is.

exactly

advancements should have been made in actual game mechanics, which were just copy/pasted from the Fourth Generation, not animating ****ing ice cream pokémon
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert