The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

my recent gamestop experience

#1cdp1705Posted 10/8/2012 10:17:01 PM
i went to gamestop on sunday to trade in some items. my wife asked the employee about the console trade in offer (you get double the money), she wanted to know how much we would get for a 3ds (if we would get a good amount we would trade in our sons 3ds and pay the difference for the 3ds xl). he told us $75, $150 after the promo. we figured that was a good deal and would only have to pay a $50 difference. so we went home and got the 3ds and went back to the store. (at this point my son was super excited to be getting the 3ds xl). we get back to the store and walk up to the same employee. he then informed us that he made a mistake and gave us the wrong quote. the trade in value is $50, not $75.

so now this meant we would have to pay a difference of $100, which we were not willing to do. i tried to talk to a manager but best he said he could do was $20 off the original price of the 3ds xl. so we left. i went home and filled out the survey i got with my receipt for the trade ins. i explained the situation, and how they should honor the quote we were given (the company i work for does that). so today i get a call from a local area manager for gamestop apologizing for my bad experience. he told me he talked with the employee and the manager, and told me he would honor the original quote and i can pick it up tomorrow. he even asked which color my son wanted (blue) and promised to make sure one was there.

dont get me wrong, im not here to bash gamestop, i normally never have any problems. i shop there all the time. i just wanted to share about how at least one employee cares.
#2pbandjamesPosted 10/8/2012 10:18:59 PM
That seems like a typical store experience. This is typical life. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME IN RESPONSE!!!!
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me
#3coocoo4cocopopsPosted 10/8/2012 10:20:52 PM
cdp1705 posted...
i went to gamestop on sunday to trade in some items. my wife asked the employee about the console trade in offer (you get double the money), she wanted to know how much we would get for a 3ds (if we would get a good amount we would trade in our sons 3ds and pay the difference for the 3ds xl). he told us $75, $150 after the promo. we figured that was a good deal and would only have to pay a $50 difference. so we went home and got the 3ds and went back to the store. (at this point my son was super excited to be getting the 3ds xl). we get back to the store and walk up to the same employee. he then informed us that he made a mistake and gave us the wrong quote. the trade in value is $50, not $75.

so now this meant we would have to pay a difference of $100, which we were not willing to do. i tried to talk to a manager but best he said he could do was $20 off the original price of the 3ds xl. so we left. i went home and filled out the survey i got with my receipt for the trade ins. i explained the situation, and how they should honor the quote we were given (the company i work for does that). so today i get a call from a local area manager for gamestop apologizing for my bad experience. he told me he talked with the employee and the manager, and told me he would honor the original quote and i can pick it up tomorrow. he even asked which color my son wanted (blue) and promised to make sure one was there.

dont get me wrong, im not here to bash gamestop, i normally never have any problems. i shop there all the time. i just wanted to share about how at least one employee cares.

You should be lucky you got $150 off your XL, I only got $50.
---
dam u adrian
#4medmusclePosted 10/8/2012 10:42:14 PM
Somebody made an honest mistake and now someone else wants that person to pay for it since it means more money in HIS pocket and now there is this blog about it.

Typical.
---
If you want to see FF Type-0 localized, put it in your sig and go here to sign: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#5aak57Posted 10/8/2012 10:48:18 PM
And now that employee probably has been fired for costing them money.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#6roxas321Posted 10/8/2012 10:55:12 PM
Honestly dude, that's a really disrespectful thing to do. He made an honest mistake, and he has probably been fired.
---
Don't look at my button!
#7enigmatic alexPosted 10/8/2012 11:25:11 PM
really slimey thing the TC did. They even offered to knock down another $20 off the XL so the diff would only be $80 not $50. If you can't afford that, you shouldn't be making gaming purchases :/ poor employee probably got fired or at least his hours cut :(
---
I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eye teeth to end you! I swear it! I'm coming for all of you! -Laura Roslin
#8aamotPosted 10/9/2012 12:06:53 AM
Lol I almost think that this is a fake "Gamestop horror" story, because it's a total reversal of the normal GS complaints out here.

"Hey, how much for this car?"
"How about free? Lol, no you'll have to pay--
"YOU SAID FREE"
---
chrisAAMO
#9_Izanagi_Posted 10/9/2012 1:13:28 AM
I may hate Gamestop, but even I understand that there are employees that don't know what they are doing. But way to go TC. Feel good about that?
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#10cdp1705(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 7:14:05 AM(edited)
all i did was complain about it on the customer service survey, isnt that what its for? the area manager called ME and told me he agreed with me that they should honor that quote. i wasnt asking for them to. the lesson here for that employee is maybe he will pay more attention next time. whats the point of giving a quote if they wont honor it?