Megaman 25th Anniversary info coming soon

#31Mugen_WingPosted 10/9/2012 10:58:06 AM
Sorry to stream-post, I can't edit anything yet, but...

n00bsaib0t posted...
Mikami left Crapcom. RE still lives on even if it is ****ty. Sonic is still alive and kicking as well.

Please come back when you know what you're talking about.

Resident Evil is still being made, even after it's creator left. Point is moot.

Lots of series are still kicking after the creator left. You know what Resident Evil, Sonic, Street Fighter and games like that have in common that differ from MML3? The creator wasn't there to start the project. Inafune started MML3. When he left, it was canned. I can guarantee you the same would happen for any game.

How does Sonic '06 even exist then? If I recall correctly, Naka left while it still in development.
---
TILL ALL ARE ONE!!!
#32n00bsaib0tPosted 10/9/2012 11:04:04 AM(edited)
True, but at least they used to care a little more for their IP, rather than simply being content with JUST milking them.

I don't really feel like they're milking. Games are more frequent, but I feel like we still get quality products out of them. The slow leaking is irritating, like having to wait several months for the character DLC in SFxTK when everyone knew the DLC was complete. I'm not complaining about having to pay for the DLC like some do, on disc DLC is pretty much a fact of life now as it makes it cheaper to do one development run and not pay the bandwidth fees (meaning they can turn a profit off of cheaper DLC) but the slow leaking annoys me. I consider milking a bit different than slow leaking. Releasing yearly games with no real changes like Activision did with Guitar Hero was milking. I would consider what Capcom does to be oversaturation if anything, which is almost as bad because despite quality products how many of us can afford to go buy them all?

How does Sonic '06 even exist then? If I recall correctly, Naka left while it still in development.

Because I don't like to think about Sonic 06. Also because I didn't know that. I would guess most don't since even wikipedia (I know, lolwikipedia) doesn't mention it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
Fighting Game Mains - SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | MvC3: C.Viper/Magneto/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero
#33Aether KnightPosted 10/9/2012 11:05:58 AM
...Am I the only one that was disappointed that MM Universe was cancelled? How 'bout an announcement for that. Or even better, MM Powered Up 2...
---
erutangis siht gnidaer yb efil ym fo sdnoces detsaw tsuj I
#34hotgamerPosted 10/9/2012 11:07:26 AM
Megaman X9 with snes graphics or capcom must die. You made Megaman 9 and 10 with nes graphics, so do megaman x9 now.

Megaman is boring after playing Megaman X anyway.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#35Mugen_WingPosted 10/9/2012 11:12:22 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
True, but at least they used to care a little more for their IP, rather than simply being content with JUST milking them.

I don't really feel like they're milking. Games are more frequent, but I feel like we still get quality products out of them. The slow leaking is irritating, like having to wait several months for the character DLC in SFxTK when everyone knew the DLC was complete. I'm not complaining about having to pay for the DLC like some do, on disc DLC is pretty much a fact of life now as it makes it cheaper to do one development run and not pay the bandwidth fees (meaning they can turn a profit off of cheaper DLC) but the slow leaking annoys me. I consider milking a bit different than slow leaking. Releasing yearly games with no real changes like Activision did with Guitar Hero was milking. I would consider what Capcom does to be oversaturation if anything, which is almost as bad because despite quality products how many of us can afford to go buy them all?

Because I don't like to think about Sonic 06. Also because I didn't know that. I would guess most don't since even wikipedia (I know, lolwikipedia) doesn't mention it.

Oversaturation would be a more appropriate term, thanks. When I said "milking" I couldn't think of how to refer to their practice of focusing solely on their top (2) sellers. You hit the nail tho'.

Also, Wikipedia IS a joke for stuff like this, I found this out while browsing through Sonicretro.org--check it.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Game_Development:Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(2006_game)
---
TILL ALL ARE ONE!!!
#36n00bsaib0tPosted 10/9/2012 11:13:14 AM
Megaman is boring after playing Megaman X anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJjveSgAJrc
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
Fighting Game Mains - SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | MvC3: C.Viper/Magneto/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero
#37Mugen_WingPosted 10/9/2012 11:14:13 AM
Aether Knight posted...
...Am I the only one that was disappointed that MM Universe was cancelled? How 'bout an announcement for that. Or even better, MM Powered Up 2...

No you're not. While I was enraged/saddened/depressed by Legends 3's cancellation, I was also dissappointed by Universe being cancelled. If they were going to do what I thought they were, the game would've been amazing.
---
TILL ALL ARE ONE!!!
#38HurricaneManningPosted 10/9/2012 11:16:00 AM
They really do just need a huge fanservice game for Mega Man after all that has been done.
---
Suck for Luck watch: SUCCESS
BOILER UP!
#39supremeblasterPosted 10/9/2012 11:47:45 AM
That's a lie and we all know it!

*goes in corner and prays that Capcom isn't lying..*
#40roadtosalvationPosted 10/9/2012 12:10:27 PM
The only thing the 25th Anniversary is good for is this:

http://vgmdb.net/album/33749

I just got it, sweet item. Too bad the yen is kicking the dollar in the balls.

Otherwise if they haven't canceled the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3 or started work on Mega Man X9 I don't care what they're doing.