What is your favorite portable gaming memory?

#11arthur8642Posted 10/10/2012 10:23:24 AM
Playing Zork on my Xbox sized black and white laptop.
---
imagineer: 'Next 3DS peripheral: the Spinning Chair Pro. Sit in this spinning office chair and play Face Raiders all day, without disturbing your 3D.'
#12OMG_A_PONYPosted 10/10/2012 10:26:36 AM
discovering tactics ogre on the gba and playing it every single day like crack
---
if you disagree with my opinion, it is because you have brain damage.
#13poopfeasts420Posted 10/10/2012 10:55:31 AM
Finishing Megaman Battle Network 6 in less than a day
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
#14NarutoPosted 10/10/2012 10:58:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#15SharmHedgehogPosted 10/10/2012 11:00:15 AM
Playing Pokemon and Animal Crossing for the first time. Those games are pure magic.
---
R.I.P. fungivore, 2012-2012
#16MarsfordPosted 10/10/2012 11:13:26 AM
Minor spoilers for HG/SS...

I have a few, but none is more memorable than my win over Red in Pokemon HeartGold.

I went in like 20 levels underleveled, and that was for my strongest Pokemon. All I did was spam whatever items I had and get good matchups. I gave up hope many times, but kept battling for the heck of it. Hail really helped do some extra damage. Every KO of his Pokemon was a massive accomplishment - especially that Snorlax!

Finally, it got down to my Raikou against his Lapras - both full health. At this point I had used LITERALLY every single item I had. If I had ONE revive or hyper potion less, I would have lost the battle. I couldn't decide to use Thunder or Thunderbolt - one is weaker and might kill in three, while one is stronger, would kill in two, but might miss. I went with a Thunder. It hit. Lapras used Blizzard. 14 HP left. Last turn. It all comes down to this. I thought to go with thunderbolt....but would it finish Lapras off? Went with Thunder again, and it hit. RNG loved me. 30 minute battle. Best moment ever. Never played HGSS again.
---
Official Marsford of the NDF
The word gimmick has lost all meaning and should be banned forever.
#17Altair718Posted 10/10/2012 11:24:56 AM
I have 2 moments, both on my 18th birthday. Discovering Disgaea DS, and by extension, Atlus. 'Finally, a real challenge!' I thought. Of course, pretty soon I was screaming angrish. :p
My second was finding FE 8. I've clocked nearly 200 hours of playtime for it. Thanks for making it an ambassador game, Nintendo. :) ......Damn, kinda regret trading in Shadow Dragon now.
---
Pkmn Black FC:275239228899 pm before adding.
Together we fight, together we live.
#18Altair718Posted 10/10/2012 11:29:06 AM
Marsford posted...
Minor spoilers for HG/SS...

I have a few, but none is more memorable than my win over Red in Pokemon HeartGold.

I went in like 20 levels underleveled, and that was for my strongest Pokemon. All I did was spam whatever items I had and get good matchups. I gave up hope many times, but kept battling for the heck of it. Hail really helped do some extra damage. Every KO of his Pokemon was a massive accomplishment - especially that Snorlax!

Finally, it got down to my Raikou against his Lapras - both full health. At this point I had used LITERALLY every single item I had. If I had ONE revive or hyper potion less, I would have lost the battle. I couldn't decide to use Thunder or Thunderbolt - one is weaker and might kill in three, while one is stronger, would kill in two, but might miss. I went with a Thunder. It hit. Lapras used Blizzard. 14 HP left. Last turn. It all comes down to this. I thought to go with thunderbolt....but would it finish Lapras off? Went with Thunder again, and it hit. RNG loved me. 30 minute battle. Best moment ever. Never played HGSS again.

That is flippin' awesome!
---
Pkmn Black FC:275239228899 pm before adding.
Together we fight, together we live.
#19lifelackPosted 10/10/2012 11:32:22 AM
Original gameboy. A VS Tetris game with a friend.
#20FefnirOmega13Posted 10/10/2012 12:06:57 PM
-Capturing Shiny Latias after 2000~ resets in Pokemon Ruby
-100 pointing every Yoshi's Island level
-Discovering FE, Castlevania, Disgaea and Rune Factory series
- Max stat Ampharos in PMD Sky
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia