Having played OoT on the 3DS...

#21silver knuxPosted 10/10/2012 8:41:30 PM
I enjoyed Spirit Tracks much more than Phantom Hourglass, yet I never got around to finishing Spirit Tracks while I did manage to finish Phantom Hourglass. I got side-tracked by other games when I was halfway through Spirit Tracks, and when I returned to it my save file had been corrupted and I never felt like starting over again.

As far as Zelda games go, neither DS entry was all that great. I'm not sure if I'm growing out of Zelda or if the recent games just haven't been very good compared to past games. I loved playing through OoT 3D, but I just couldn't get into Skyward Sword. I don't think Skyward Sword is a bad game, but it definitely seemed to be having a major identity-crisis.

Personally, I thought Twilight Princess surpassed OoT in almost every way, but there was something missing that I can't quite figure out what, and that missing component is enough to ensure that OoT remains my favorite Zelda. I wouldn't mind seeing a Twilight Princess port to 3DS, but the only remake/port I really want to come to 3DS(not counting VC), is ALttP as a 3D Classic.
---
Wielder of the Legendary Halberd of Noobpwnage+4
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/silvex/Photos/Lego/SuperGate.png
#22Rurouni720Posted 10/10/2012 8:48:49 PM(edited)
Argh4430 posted...
The_Bones posted...
Spirit Tracks is the only Zelda game I don't like. It was better in a some areas when compared to PH but the train and especially the flute duet segments really killed my enjoyment of the game.

Took the words out of my mouth. I gave Spirit Tracks a try, but I just couldn't get into it.

I'd be inclined to agree too, though i never owned the full game. But after playing a demo version of it sometime ago, the train thing was just.....ugg. -_-
#23BdowDELL222Posted 10/10/2012 9:50:10 PM
Spirit Tracks is in my top 5 Zelda games. I dont understand the ravage hate for it on this board lol...

It has a metacritic score of I think 87 so listen to whoever you like... the popular and unanimous votes of a very very good game or the tiny, tiny vocal minority found in this board.
#24FefnirOmega13Posted 10/10/2012 10:07:58 PM
Spirit Tracks is by no means a "bad" game. It MAY be a weak ZELDA game, but it's not a bad game by any definition of the word. Just like Other M being a weak Metroid game (due to too much injection of story, mind), but not a bad game. It's competent at what it does, it's not short, and the puzzles are just right in terms of difficulty.

I'd give it a solid 7/10, maybe an 8. I enjoyed it and I'm not even a conoisseur of Zelda.

I hate it when people describe games as "bad" and "terrible", really. I mean, bad games are things like Hugo (PS1) and Superman 64. Hell, even a 5/10 score is average; and I can't see Spirit Tracks viably scoring under that without bias. Just a personal peeve of mine, really...
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#25GreenSF49Posted 10/10/2012 10:10:17 PM
Y'all need to lower down your standards. I loved PH never played ST but I loved the online mode in PH.
---
Am a BEAST! [insert nike logo here]
#26helldewPosted 10/10/2012 10:29:24 PM
I don't want a dumbed down portable Zelda.

I really hoped you played OOX FS LA and MC... PH and ST were easily the worst of the portable zeldas and PH grew on me a ton and i didnt really give ST enough of a chance although it seamed alright.

the older portable zeldas though are excellent in all regards.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#27IHeartMetroidPosted 10/10/2012 11:20:38 PM
"Just like Other M being a weak Metroid game (due to too much injection of story, mind), but not a bad game. "

Oh yes it is. It's a very, very bad game.
#28FefnirOmega13Posted 10/10/2012 11:29:23 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Just like Other M being a weak Metroid game (due to too much injection of story, mind), but not a bad game. "

Oh yes it is. It's a very, very bad game.

Oh no it isn't.

Knock off a point for the story and two for the controls being awkward/the stupid weapon authorisation system and you get 7/10.

Not up to standard of the other metroids, but yes, I felt that it was a good game, speaking in terms of the ratings scale.

Hell, metacritic even has it averaging 7.9/10, which means it's a great game in terms of the ratings system.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#29IHeartMetroidPosted 10/10/2012 11:55:12 PM
"Oh no it isn't."

Oh yes, it is.

Bug filled? Check.
Pixel Hunt crap? Check.
Forcing the player to STOP AND STAND during action sequences just to fire a missile? Check.
A plethora of illogically placed, idiotic invisible walls? Checkaroo.
A storyline so gawd-awfully sexist that it makes Samus look like a 17th century belle? Check.

Just because a bunch of paid-off critics aren't willing to risk their relationship with Nintendo doesn't mean this isn't one of the absolute worst pieces of trash that exists on the Wii to this day.
#30HurricaneManningPosted 10/11/2012 12:00:27 AM
Just don't make it with touch controls.

I know they are going to :(
---
Suck for Luck watch: SUCCESS
BOILER UP!