iOS Developer: "iPad Mini, Final Nail In The Coffin" To The Handheld Market

#121Sakura_RailgunPosted 10/12/2012 7:07:03 PM
Phones and tablets and the like will never replace systems like the 3DS or Vita as long as they are touch screen.
#122n00bsaib0tPosted 10/12/2012 7:10:00 PM
Someone's got their panties in a bunch. I'm not even putting a negative spin. I'm just answering your question. Seriously cry more. Don't get all butthurt cause I'm not praising your glorious touch controls.

I'm not looking for touch control praise, I'm looking for an answer because I'm considering buying a 4th gen iPod touch after the 5th gen ones are out. Then again, I already said that once and you ignored it so how can I expect you to read it this time? So far all I've got for straight answers in this topic is that Mega Man 2 for iOS has bad controls, everyone else either answers with something that makes no sense like you did ("the controls aren't any better" isn't a good answer to "are the controls as good as...") or just beats around the bush and ignores what I'm saying and video proof that people play just fine with touch controls.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
Fighting Game Mains - SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | MvC3: C.Viper/Magneto/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero
#123DTY3Posted 10/12/2012 7:20:13 PM(edited)
I will repeat. The controls aren't any better. If you can't get the answer out of that then that is your problem.

---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#124Crazy_tank51Posted 10/12/2012 8:26:48 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Someone's got their panties in a bunch. I'm not even putting a negative spin. I'm just answering your question. Seriously cry more. Don't get all butthurt cause I'm not praising your glorious touch controls.

I'm not looking for touch control praise, I'm looking for an answer because I'm considering buying a 4th gen iPod touch after the 5th gen ones are out. Then again, I already said that once and you ignored it so how can I expect you to read it this time? So far all I've got for straight answers in this topic is that Mega Man 2 for iOS has bad controls, everyone else either answers with something that makes no sense like you did ("the controls aren't any better" isn't a good answer to "are the controls as good as...") or just beats around the bush and ignores what I'm saying and video proof that people play just fine with touch controls.

then buy the thing. You prefer touch controls, fine, but at the end of the day games like MM2 have playstyles ill-suited for such controls (I wanna see you beat that boss you gotta use Crash Bomb to defeat covering half the screen with your thumb =P) and the game NEVER should have been put on iOS. Crapcom, SE, there are other better platforms ou there that aren't iOS, you forgot those?
---
You can solve all problems by bombing them rapidly.
"You will not enjoy that shrimp with sauce while I'm around!"-Drake & Josh
#125n00bsaib0tPosted 10/12/2012 8:31:57 PM
then buy the thing. You prefer touch controls, fine, but at the end of the day games like MM2 have playstyles ill-suited for such controls (I wanna see you beat that boss you gotta use Crash Bomb to defeat covering half the screen with your thumb =P) and the game NEVER should have been put on iOS. Crapcom, SE, there are other better platforms ou there that aren't iOS, you forgot those?

I never said I PREFER touch controls. If that was the case I wouldn't have mentioned that I have my A500 rooted so I can mimic touch screen controls on a Dualshock 3. I simply said that touch screen controls work just fine on Android. And I've beaten Megaman 2 with touch controls on my Samsung Galaxy M Style. I don't cover half the screen with my thumb because my emulator lets me have the buttons all the way at the bottom. Sounds like Capcom did a bad job deciding where the touch points should be on the iOS port.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
Fighting Game Mains - SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | MvC3: C.Viper/Magneto/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero
#126Overlord9011Posted 10/12/2012 11:25:06 PM
Marcster1994 posted...
iPad...Mini?

I thought the point of a tablet was to be big?

It's a way for them to release an iPhone with a different name with a shiny new price tag.
---
Final Fantasy I-V were great games (IV being the best), VI was... okay?, VII... Meh. I gave up at VIII.
#127kero9xPosted 10/15/2012 12:22:17 PM
One thing Apple could do that would really affect the handheld market is to either create programming guidelines for controllers to use (sort of like iCade), or allow players to use a common controller like the DualShock 3 (which is actually supported on Mac OS 10.6 and up)
---
Pkmn Black FC: 1420 6337 4114
#128chestershadowPosted 10/15/2012 12:40:51 PM
I stopped reading at ios. Do these idiots realky think bad to mediocre shovelware is going to destroy the handheld market? Of course not, the market might shrink, but the target audience will still be there for the large part.
#129EinvaltPosted 10/15/2012 6:14:57 PM
This guy has no idea what he's talking about. Smartphones, in particular the iPhone, already hammered in the final nail of the handheld market's coffin years ago.
#130PsychoWolfXPosted 10/15/2012 6:21:28 PM
Oh, I see what your up to now.